1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Doing all right by me
By mcsteff on 06/24/05 18:43 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

After reading another review, I thought I'd try to balance it with a review of my truck. I have had nothing but good to say about the little B-2500. It's not a V-6; if I had wanted one of those I would have bought it. It's not a Tacoma; ditto. It gives me 25 mpg with the air on and a passenger and camping supplies at 70 mph. It tows my little boats (under a 1000 lb. gross) quite adequately. I have driven it through two Michigan winters (snowy they were) with 2WD; I really like the ABS function in the snow.

Great Trucks!!!
By Hawkeye on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

2nd Mazda B Series that I have owned. Never had a problem with either, except for rear brake lockup when sitting overnight after getting wet (known problem) on my 2000 B3000 Troy Lee Series. Good trucks - same as the Ranger with a cheaper price and better warranty!

Some quirks, but overall a good truck
By lance on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

It quite capable as an off-road truck (with good tires) and it's also pretty smooth on the road. The engine is a bit of a dog, and you really have to work it to get any acceleration (best b/w 3-4000 rpm). I found mine to be rather loud from the engine compartment, and the driveshaft and transmission make alot of subtle clunks and clanks. I was able to get 20-23mpg in the summer, but only 16-19 in the winter (hwy)

Some quirks, but overall a good truck
By Lance on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Pings
By Bryan I on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

So far at 45000 miles it's been a good truck. I use it for a work truck, hauling tools and occasionally I pull a trailer. The only problem I have is at certain speeds and acceloration I get pinging. I took it in and had a new computer installed, but still have the same problem. Also, when it pings it smokes. Not has much with higher octane but it still does it.