Used 1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By myb2500

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a website dedicated to my year 2000 Mazda B2500 SX, and the reason is because this truck is simply unbeatable in terms of reliability, affordability, and durability. I've put some money into getting things fixed, but I've largely been able to do all the fixes myself, from a clutch to U-joint, to an alternator, to a starter. At this point, if I had to put $1500 into it to get the transmission rebuilt, for instance (which I won't have to because it's 5-speed tranny is bulletproof), I'd spend the money. Sure I could buy a new vehicle at that point, but why? I have one of the best little trucks the world has ever seen!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, simplicity, cheap parts when I need to replace something, its ability to simply eat up the road mile after mile! All sorts of people were telling me not to drive it from NC to ND for my job, but I took the risk because I believed in it, and sure enough, it proved to be the little truck that could and can.

the little truck that could
By chatammann

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad bought this truck used 9 yrs ago as light general duty truck. It was the most reliable vehicle we ever owned. It became my first car in 09 when i was 16. In 9 years the only problems were a bad ignition and leaking roof, that's it! The thing was tougher than any truck Ive ever seen, a bumpy gravel road at 60 mph was a walk in the park. I cant believe a truck could get 24 mpg and it may not have much power but that's why its light duty. The 5 spd manual had perfect gear ratios. My truck was mazda ZOOM ZOOM fast but not really haha, topped out at 80. it was eventually rear ended by a truck going 70 mph but i was okay, it got annihilated but saved my life.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, hilariously basic interior, reliability, fun to driveness

Suggested Improvements

idk if mazda still makes 4 cyl trucks but if so an optional turbo for extra hp

My truck
By Lane

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

Since purchase new I haven't had one single mechanical problem with this truck. If your truck shakes at highway speeds check your tires and alignment. If your engine is too loud, get a muffler or repair your exhaust system.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is that it's got no special features. It's a 4 cylinder, 5 spd manual, gets good mileage. It's easy to change the oil and filter.

Suggested Improvements

None.