1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By myb2500 on 02/14/14 21:34 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have a website dedicated to my year 2000 Mazda B2500 SX, and the reason is because this truck is simply unbeatable in terms of reliability, affordability, and durability. I've put some money into getting things fixed, but I've largely been able to do all the fixes myself, from a clutch to U-joint, to an alternator, to a starter. At this point, if I had to put $1500 into it to get the transmission rebuilt, for instance (which I won't have to because it's 5-speed tranny is bulletproof), I'd spend the money. Sure I could buy a new vehicle at that point, but why? I have one of the best little trucks the world has ever seen!

the little truck that could
By chatammann on 04/15/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad bought this truck used 9 yrs ago as light general duty truck. It was the most reliable vehicle we ever owned. It became my first car in 09 when i was 16. In 9 years the only problems were a bad ignition and leaking roof, that's it! The thing was tougher than any truck Ive ever seen, a bumpy gravel road at 60 mph was a walk in the park. I cant believe a truck could get 24 mpg and it may not have much power but that's why its light duty. The 5 spd manual had perfect gear ratios. My truck was mazda ZOOM ZOOM fast but not really haha, topped out at 80. it was eventually rear ended by a truck going 70 mph but i was okay, it got annihilated but saved my life.

B2500 Mazda pu SE
By james klinefelter on 03/30/10 16:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased this new in 1999 and it has been a perfect utility vehicle. No problems at all and has been in shop only for routine maintenance which is minimal. Still all the original systems including brakes. Just replaced the original tires. Rides smooth for a small truck and handles well in all conditions for a two wheel drive. Good gas mileage and simple systems and controls. It's a 4 cylinder (which I recommend for reliability) and a manual transmission. Paint and trim are still like new.

99 Mazda B2500 best truck ever bought
By Steve on 03/04/10 17:42 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my 99 Mazda B2500 new (12 miles) April of 1999. Truck has 195,000 on it, replaced orginal tires at 79K, alternator replaced at 145K and replaced started at 187K, those are the only things have replaced. Had Oil + filter changed every 3,500 miles. Original clutch, manual transmission no problems. Paint was excellent, no peeling no rust up in harsh New England winters/weather, having to sell it because of left knee problems, can no longer drive standards.

1999 troy lee designs ( need help )
By Tyler on 01/03/10 08:34 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am a 16 year old, and this 2009 Christmas I got this truck. It is so nice, the interior is amazing! So i get it and my steering wheel buttons are missing, I don't mind at all. I can live with that. Anybody know where I can get those? Lets get to the point. I'm 16 I take the truck out a day later and wreck it! I shattered the factory mazda rim it came with! Where can I find this rim?! I need new bumpers and quarter panels! If anybody can help me with this I really would appreciate it! This truck is amazing and super nice! I would recommend it to the pope!

MAZDA '99 TROY LEE DESIGN
By HASAN on 08/29/09 03:03 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

I purched the truck brand new, drove for almost 5 years(92k). I was lucky I purchased extended warranty. During the ex-warranty period the transmission gone 4 times, dash board lights gone 3 times, fog light gone 2 times. I never abuse this truck. When the 4th time tanny broke(not clutch), the dealer have a investigation team to check anything I did wrong. They found manufacture problem. Later I trade in for Honda Sub. Now I'm satisfy with my car.

Excellent Truck
By DF on 03/27/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased this truck in 05 it had 80000 miles when I purchased it. It has proven to be the very dependable and has only required a few repairs. I had to replace 4x4 hub on the front but as I regularly am off road this is just a minor repair. This truck is a little under powered for heavy loads that approach its weight limit but it pulls my 19 foot bass boat and camping trailer just fine. This truck is perfect for drivers who do not need a full size truck and need a daily driver.

Excellent Truck!
By BB on 01/29/09 11:22 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 TL 4dr Extended Cab SB

An awesome truck, I can't say enough! Fun to drive, reliable and a good looking. I bought the truck new 10 years ago and at 160,000 miles it's still going strong. When I go to sell it, someone will be getting a great deal. Besides normal maintenance, oil changes and brakes I cannot complain. Rear wheel drive can present some problems during inclement conditions. For the money the Mazda truck is a great value and I would buy another in a heartbeat, although I wish they would update their body style (not much has changed within the past 10 years).

My truck
By Lane on 09/17/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

Since purchase new I haven't had one single mechanical problem with this truck. If your truck shakes at highway speeds check your tires and alignment. If your engine is too loud, get a muffler or repair your exhaust system.

Could be better
By tjv189 on 05/30/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used in 2005 and it had 79K on it. It ran fine for about 2 months, when suddenly a brake line busted when I was in a parking lot. Had to get a complete brake job done because everything was so rusted. Soon after, I had a problem with the Check Engine light coming on, because it blew an oxygen sensor. Fuel gauge hasn't worked right since I bought it. Runs poorly on the highway, only getting about 20 mpg with 3.0 L V6. Manual 4 spd w/overdrive is a bad choice, bc if there is a slight hill on highway and you are in OD, you will not be able to maintain speed uphill. Runs at WAY too high of RPM on highway. Engine is too loud. Not very reliable. Body starting to rust.