1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Mazda
By Congreves on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been extremely reliable. It is very clean and has low mileage. It looks like new with barely a mark on it. Only 65,000 miles. Has all the bells and whistles!

Not Bad
By Genob on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 98.Its the extended can V-6. I found out very early that i had to put premium grade fuel in this truck, or it would knock and ping terribly. Thats a bit of a bummer, because i bought a smaller truck to save $ on gas. I need to have the fuel intake changed out $700.00, and not covered in warranty. Overall i cant be too disappointed in this truck. The accelaration needs to be improved. A 4 cyl. Toyota or Nissan blows my doors off.

No problems after 53k
By Ynotraft on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

After year of buying Japanese cars I was leary of an American-made truck. But Mazda/Ford offered the 4 door option, and I really wanted the extra doors. I have very pleasently surprised with the quality and ease of use, and lack of problems with this truck after 53,000 miles!

I asked for a Mazda and I got a Ford
By DBRYANT on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck after 90000 miles would rate about an average from me.After about 50000 miles I had to get my steering rack replaced,Which was covered by my extended warranty.The dome light switches in the doors would not turn off,which I went back twice for repair. And off and on I did have slight problems with my clutch. Until now which the entire assembly needs replacement(not covered by my warranty).So I can tell you that this truck is not the same quality of the same MFG. that I had bought in 1992.

Solid Small Truck
By tnb on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Its just a solid small truck.

B4000 clutch problems
By george s. bosworth on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Overall vehicle I would rate as good. I have had alot of clutch problems. Warrantee covered changes at 12,500 and 32,000 miles but refused to extend and cover at 48,000 miles. Am I the only one that has had clutch problems with the '98 B4000 ? I do know the sister vehicle, the Ford Ranger did have some clutch problems.

Tough little truck
By friendofbillw on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Very satisfied with this tuff little truck. Bought a slightly used, stripped down 4X4 B4000 44,000 miles ago. (A/T but no power locks/windows or cruise control). Love being up high with the big offroad tires, and not worrying about such things as curbs and snowdrifts. The 4-wheel drive works great. The ride is firm but the big tires absorb most road defects. The engine is quiet, unless really pushed, and the transmission shifts are even seamless at times. Acceleration is a bit sluggish, but I could probably pull a house on wheels with all this torque. The Mazda's are also more attractive then the Fords from the front end styling to the slightly flared rear side panels.