1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Solid truck
By Jim Springer on 07/26/05 14:59 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great small truck. AC replaced under warranty the only problem in 113,000 miles. Brakes last 50K, factory shocks replaced at 60K. Cups tires on front but current Michelin's have 60K and should last another 15K. Brakes are weak, probably a result of the 31x10 tires. Still gets 16mpg in city and 20 on highway, same as when new. I have been very satisfied with this vehicle.

I love to drive it
By R. Turner on 04/10/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Mazda made a very nice pickup. It's a truck that I would buy again. I've only had it for 4 months, but I love driving it.

bad brakes
By dr.dimento on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I cant keep brakes in this truck.Three sets of rotors,and the passenger rear drum keeps disintegrating.Close to a fire the last time.There is driveline snatch,a delayed cluncking in the drivetrain,that is scary to people that borrow it.It allways starts,it is great on the highway,allmost unstoppable,in snow,useless in ice or sand.No mechanic,private or dealer, has been able to diagnose the drive train problem One even said the brake problem and rear axle "play" were related.I have a brutal commute,all gas and brakes 11 miles each way through downtown Boston.

Madza built by Ford
By Haggis on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have previously owned Toyotas and Mazdas made in Japan and their quality is far superior to this Mazda B3000 made by Ford. I have had consistent problems with the dome light staying on, the fuel pump failed at 32,000 mi and the front and rear breaks had to be rebuilt before 40,000 mi. The gas mileage leaves much to be desired. This cannot compare to my Toyota 4Runner that lasted for 12 years and better than 250,000 miles with very little maintenance.

1999 Mazda B2500SX
By Heathjg on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SX 2dr Regular Cab SB

Experience with this truck has been exceptional. The little 4 cylinder engine provides adequate power for road driving, light hauling, and towing a 16' Bass Boat etc. Seats and suspension provide comfortable ride for extended trips. Minor electrical problem with inside dome light staying on for extended time when turned off. Other than that, an elxcellent truck.

Mazda
By Congreves on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been extremely reliable. It is very clean and has low mileage. It looks like new with barely a mark on it. Only 65,000 miles. Has all the bells and whistles!

Not Bad
By Genob on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 98.Its the extended can V-6. I found out very early that i had to put premium grade fuel in this truck, or it would knock and ping terribly. Thats a bit of a bummer, because i bought a smaller truck to save $ on gas. I need to have the fuel intake changed out $700.00, and not covered in warranty. Overall i cant be too disappointed in this truck. The accelaration needs to be improved. A 4 cyl. Toyota or Nissan blows my doors off.

No problems after 53k
By Ynotraft on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

After year of buying Japanese cars I was leary of an American-made truck. But Mazda/Ford offered the 4 door option, and I really wanted the extra doors. I have very pleasently surprised with the quality and ease of use, and lack of problems with this truck after 53,000 miles!

I asked for a Mazda and I got a Ford
By DBRYANT on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck after 90000 miles would rate about an average from me.After about 50000 miles I had to get my steering rack replaced,Which was covered by my extended warranty.The dome light switches in the doors would not turn off,which I went back twice for repair. And off and on I did have slight problems with my clutch. Until now which the entire assembly needs replacement(not covered by my warranty).So I can tell you that this truck is not the same quality of the same MFG. that I had bought in 1992.

Solid Small Truck
By tnb on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Its just a solid small truck.