1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
12 years and still ticking!
By Lucy on 07/28/10 07:03 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

We bought this PU new. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles we've ever owned. We have used it and abused it for 12+ years, it's still running and still looks great, with only routine maintenance. Just recently began having air conditioner issues and oil and transmission leaks. I'll have it repaired and keep driving it! The odometer stopped working four years ago, at that time it read 180k, so I'm sure we're well over the 200k mark. This little truck was so worth the money we spent on it!

B4000-2WD-Ext Cab
By nxner on 10/10/06 11:07 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new. Serviced every 3000 miles. Three kids used it as first car. No major problems...brakes, ac compressor, 1 seat release handle, oxygen sensor (@102k miles!) only items replaced, plus normal maintenance. Pulls a large pop-up pretty well; a small one like it isn't there (4.0L / V- 6). My third Mazda truck... figure it's good for at least another 25,000 miles at least. This one is actually a Ford Ranger but $3,000 lower cost and better warranty.

Solid truck
By Jim Springer on 07/26/05 14:59 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great small truck. AC replaced under warranty the only problem in 113,000 miles. Brakes last 50K, factory shocks replaced at 60K. Cups tires on front but current Michelin's have 60K and should last another 15K. Brakes are weak, probably a result of the 31x10 tires. Still gets 16mpg in city and 20 on highway, same as when new. I have been very satisfied with this vehicle.

I love to drive it
By R. Turner on 04/10/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Mazda made a very nice pickup. It's a truck that I would buy again. I've only had it for 4 months, but I love driving it.

No problems after 53k
By Ynotraft on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

After year of buying Japanese cars I was leary of an American-made truck. But Mazda/Ford offered the 4 door option, and I really wanted the extra doors. I have very pleasently surprised with the quality and ease of use, and lack of problems with this truck after 53,000 miles!