Used 1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

12 years and still ticking!
By Lucy

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

We bought this PU new. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles we've ever owned. We have used it and abused it for 12+ years, it's still running and still looks great, with only routine maintenance. Just recently began having air conditioner issues and oil and transmission leaks. I'll have it repaired and keep driving it! The odometer stopped working four years ago, at that time it read 180k, so I'm sure we're well over the 200k mark. This little truck was so worth the money we spent on it!

Fun to drive, great for household and garden hauling.

Wish they made them like this today!

Old Faithful
By Patersg

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Had the 3.0L V6 regular cab for several years now, 225000k, still going strong. This is a real basic, no frills vehicle, nothing spectacular in performance. However, has never NOT started, has only let me down once when alternator finally went at 210000 mark...no biggie. Sure, I've had lots of little repairs, but all were done quickly. This truck has done lots of harsh-duty driving, so repairs are no surprise. She's showing no signs of trouble, will last forever. Recommended if you need something basic and steady, not hard on gas.

Mazda styling, reliability, relatively cheap parts.

More powerful engine would have been nice

dreamy, dependable truck
By The Pro

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2500 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truk a very long time, I own three vehicles and this is the one auto that is still moving with finesse!

fuel efficiency

4 dr would be better

Best PU I ever owned
By aczjr

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned and driven this truck hard for 8 years. It has been a reliable, hard working tool and transportation for me. I can't remember how I got along before I bought this truck. I gave it regular oil changes (every 3000)and maintenance and it never had a major breakdown. Recently it did need an intake manifold seal, but that's about it. Not bad for 192K miles. And it has great styling. Real sharp looking. Not bad on gas for a PU and a useful space behind the front seats, but almost useless for passangers over 10 years old. Great truck, great value.

Great Truck
By Great Truck

1998 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my 98 mazda B4000 4x4 for about two years now and it has never let me down. The truck has just turned 140000 and have only needed to replace brakes. I off road all the time and the truck has only got stuck once. It is all stock other than a set of 31/10.5/15 mud tires. This truck handles great off road and the 4.0 has more than enough power to climb hills and get me through thick mud. Very happy with the truck's performance and would definitely recommend this truck to anyone.

Love the power of the 4.0 and the shape of the cab makes it very easy to see where your going while off road. The body style is by far my favorite.

Cab could be a litte bigger