1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Not fancy, but functional
By Tom B. on 06/06/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2300 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

The B2300 is not the biggest, baddest truck out there. But for light hauling, home renovations, or city deliveries it is easy to maneuver and easy to park. Gas mileage is okay. Unfortunately, my wife is so fond of driving it to the garden store and the big-box outlet mall, I never see my truck anymore.

b 2300 ,good little truck
By nate on 03/04/05 13:08 PM (PST)

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2300 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been great so far. I love the gas mileage and nice looks. The inside is much roomier than would be expected. The truck lacks a little power, but that's to be expected. If you're looking for power you shouldn't have gone with a four cylinder in the first place.

Nice Truck
By Sushi on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Truck is good. It has tons of low end grunt, but the top end suffers unless you go aftermarket parts. There have been a lot more appearing lately. You can go to rangerpowersports.com if you want more power and info about features. I do think the interior plastic is cheap though, but everything else is durable and utilitarian. It is the best handling truck I have ever driven.

An efficient, good quality compact truck
By Blk/Mazda Truck Guy on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my second Mazda extended cab truck. It does exactly what it was designed to do. It's very low- maintenance...the build quality is excellent for the money. Routine, periodic maintenance is all it requires. For these reasons alone, I would consider buying another one.

My Truck
By PeaSoup on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Good truck all around (95% Ford Ranger), Too many plastic parts that do break and are not cheap.