Used 1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

My little truck
By paulst2419

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck in 2008 without knowing how many miles on it. Odometer was broken at 98k and the owner said he didn't even know. Looked up a carfax history report to learn it had 98k miles 4 years before we bought it. Estimations say that the truck now has about 200k miles on it. All we've done is drive it and do preventative maintenance and the truck runs good. I plan to run it until it doesn't run anymore and get a newer B3000. The truck does lack power but it is still the best investment I ever made. Bought it to keep miles off my nice car and it has done just that. With new Hankook tires it seems to float down the road. Not much of a "truck" but great value nonetheless.

Runs forever, simple engine, Gas mileage - 23 average MPG with about 80% highway.

More power.

Not fancy, but functional
By Tom B.

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

The B2300 is not the biggest, baddest truck out there. But for light hauling, home renovations, or city deliveries it is easy to maneuver and easy to park. Gas mileage is okay. Unfortunately, my wife is so fond of driving it to the garden store and the big-box outlet mall, I never see my truck anymore.

Low-maintenance, most mechanical parts are identical to its twin, the Ford Ranger, so parts are fairly cheap and easy to find.

The 2.4 liter engine can be a bit sluggish - not a towing vehicle by any means, but fine if you're just hauling stuff in the bed. Body parts are more expensive than its Ford Ranger cousin.

Super truck
By Diddley Squat

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought mine new in 1997, 11 miles on the odometer including the 4 that were from my test drive. The truck has never needed a major repair. Brakes, routine maintenance, all of those things. But no mechanical problems, engine problems, transmission trouble even with 102,000 miles on it. The one repair it did have after moving from the east coast to Colorado was to replace a line to the fuel tank that was leaking. Other than that (and replacement twice of cracked windshields), the car has demanded only the factory-recommended maintenance. After eight years or so, however, the paint job started coming apart. My truck is black. The paint is speckled and chipped for no reason except age.

Very easy handling, extremely reliable in any weather.

b 2300 ,good little truck
By nate

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been great so far. I love the gas mileage and nice looks. The inside is much roomier than would be expected. The truck lacks a little power, but that's to be expected. If you're looking for power you shouldn't have gone with a four cylinder in the first place.

The look of the truck, and the roomy interior.

I would like to see a tilt sterring wheel.

matt's review of RedB2300
By McAve

1997 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Overall a good vehichle. Excellent on gas appealing from the outside(when its clean). Unusually slow which is dissappointing but like i said overall good performance.

color of paint, stock alloy rims, *ac*

More interior space for us tall people, stock bed cover would be nice