1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Good truck
By mazda b2300 on 01/15/10 16:03 PM (PST)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 2dr Regular Cab LB

still drives like I just purchased it. Gets up t[o 29 mpg. Love my truck Rides like new also. New let me down starts every time. Always there. Rides like new.

Timing belt breaks, engine is no good
By chris on 04/05/09 05:28 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I was beyond shocked to find out that my engine was no good after my timing belt broke. My 1996 Mazda B2300 SE extended cab pickup broke the timing belt at engine idle. The mechanic informed me that the 2.3 liter engines in these pickups are considered to be interference engines, which means when the timing belt breaks, the pistons will destroy the and bend the valves in the engine, making the engine useless.

Nice
By pretty nice on 06/13/08 23:47 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I like the truck. It's powerful and stylish. There is one thing you all should know that in both rear fenders rust so I took it and had it fixed at an auto body shop. But over all every thing is comfortable and reliable.

THE BEST TRUCK EVER!
By simplystina on 07/26/06 07:39 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 2dr Regular Cab SB

I LOVE my little truck, I have NEVER had any problems with it! It is the BEST investment I put into ever. The most money I have put into it was the price for it. No problems what so ever. Going on 116,000 miles and still ticking. Gas is great, speed is great...I would DEFINITELY buy a second one for my fiancée if I could.

Great little pickup
By Joey on 09/02/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Although occasionally coming across mechanical problems, it was nothing that ever couldn't be fixed with spending a minimal amount of money. Great drive.

Everything You Could Ask
By Paladino on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 LE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Though I have only owned my B4000 for a few months, I love it! I did my research based upon these types of reviews and then went shopping to find a used truck. It took a while but when I found my B4000 LE I jumped on it. It performs just as others have claimed. Basically, works as advertised and then surprises you with a little more.

One great truck
By Wildfire on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been through a lot with me. So much in fact I can't bear the thought of giving her up. She has been a tough little machine with minimal maintnence concerns.

B4000 LE
By gg on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck with 17,000 miles on it, and it now has 96,000. Other than normal maintenance, I haven't had to make ANY repairs to this truck. Very well built and very reliable. This is my 2nd Mazda B-Series truck - first one was a B2300, this one a B4000. Very impressed by both. My only 2 complaints- I would like to see better gas mileage (4.0L V6), and recently there is a slight transmission slip between 2nd and 3rd gear on the auto transmission.

a surpprisingly well built truck
By shake_shak on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had my truck 5 years now and it still runs and drives like new.The 2.3liter engine has adequite power and awesome gas mileage.Other than preventive and regular maintnence,I have had few problems.I would recomend this truck to anyone.

Excelent first truck
By Vapor on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Every kid or parent should consider this truck for his or her first vehicle. First off it is one of the most well built pieces of machinery I have seen on the road, truly built to last. With 112hp and 135ft-lbs torque it has excellent acceleration if you know how to drive it well. I have toped out speed around 105mph and I think it still had just a bit more power left in her. She will probably do 110 which is plenty fast for any truck. I have never had to replace a part on this truck and I merely do basic maintenance. Regular oil changes, fluid checks, tune-ups, spark plugs, filters, cables, etcetera, etcetera. Anyone interested in a small pickup I recommend u look at this one first.