Used 1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Best Used Truck out there
By hsimpson

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in 1994 and it has never let me down. It gets 18-19 mpg combined city/highway driving. Anybody that claims 30+ MPG doesn't know what they're talking about. I will probably have to sell the truck because it barely passes NOx test every year. Other than that it's been a great vehicle and still runs like new. Oh yeah, this truck was made in America with an American engine. I will be sad when I have to finally sell it next year.

Favorite Features

Bulletproof engine, quality frame/body, and heavy-duty suspension make this the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

The 3.0 engine needs more power and a lower reverse gear for backing trailers.

1994 B3000
By A Moreno

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I enjoy driving this vehicle. Feels very sturdy. I was worried about gas mileage because of bigger engine but this does very well. Smooth ride overall.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Needs faster takeoff.

200,000 and the air still works
By Thinkbeauty

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2300 2dr Extended Cab SB

This was the first vehicle I bought and had payments. I just paid cash before and took my chances. I have driven this truck across the country. I have used it as a delivery vehicle on more than one job. I have moved in it 12 times, not to mention the others I have moved. It has been through 3 relationships, 6 jobs and one 16 year old boy for 3 months. I have pulled a 1991 Eclipse from Shreveport to Dallas with no trouble. I love Trixy! I did replace the tranny in 1996. The center console lid won't stay latched and the black on the dash has chipped off a little, and there's a worn spot on the drivers seat. At least 40 Oil changes, a couple tuneups tires and 200,000 miles later, it starts every day and the air works!

Favorite Features

Reliability! Ease of operation. Paint still shines and it has never seen a garage.

Suggested Improvements

better center console.

good truck
By gilly1

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

had the truck for 6yrs and put 100,000km on it and besides changing tires,brakes,battery and recently ball joints and flex hoses i only had to change the fan motor harness(only worked on high)doesn't burn oil at all and still has original paint.good on gas too i get about 30mpg.

Favorite Features

cupholders beside stickshift,armrest that opens up for tapes,rear windows that open.

Suggested Improvements

more power (i got the 3.0L) it struggles a bit to pull a trailer and fourwheeler

'94 Mazda B4000 SE
By zitherworks

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This vehicle is extremely reliable, slightly under powered, and has a front drive axel design problem. After 10 years and 185,000 miles I'd gladly buy a new one if it were available.

Favorite Features

Reliable

Suggested Improvements

Front axel design.