1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Luv my B4000
By Ed in Maine

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a two wheel drive, with limited slip, and a cap on the back. In the winter I put 3 or 4 sixty lb bags of sand over the rear axle, and I get everywhere I need to go. Only unusual maintenance has been replacing spark plug wires, twice. Have 135000 miles, and I don't want it to ever quit, my favorite vehicle in over 40 years of driving.

Favorite Features

Handling and acceleration. And the security shade you can pull over the area behind the seats. Why doesn't anyone else have this?

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat could use a seat (not back) tilt adjustment.

Good performance, value.
By jack_of_all_trades

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it new and it has been a very good truck. Nice balance of price + performance, affordable but comfortable. Ride is truck-like when unloaded. I replaced the stock (premium) stereo and speakers, which lacked clarity. This truck is really a Ford ranger, with Mazda trim. The only repairs I had were a bad 02 sensor and EGR sensor at about 60K miles. The brake calipers tend to bind, and had to be rebuilt twice. A 4.0L with only teens for MPG should put out more than 160HP. 225 ft/lbs of torque is nice for towing, but acceleration is just ok. I modified the exhaust/intake and put in a better cam. Now it is quite peppy, maybe 190-200hp.

Favorite Features

good value. good towing abilities. Very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Apparently, they improved both HP and gas mileage with the 4.0L DOHC engine. Stock paper speakers stink.

Best 1/4 ton ever
By truckdriver

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck keeps going and going. Mine has 170 000 kms on it now, and other than oil changes, the only repair I ever made was brake pad changes. The truck is small a good on gas - but it is still powerful enough to pull a boat or ski doo. What more could you ask for?

Favorite Features

I really like the body styling of this trucks, and the bucket seats are awesome!

Suggested Improvements

I would like to have a couple extra stake holes in the box. A little extra space in the rear would also be nice.

Best 1/4 ton ever
By Truckdriver

This truck will last
By joshuncc

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased my Mazda B4000 when it was 2-years old. I have had no problems with it other than simple, cheap fixes that are standard with the vehicle, and it is now 2002. The truck accelorates more than powerful enough (you might spin your wheels from time-to-time!), and the AC will freeze you to death. I live in NC and I have driven to Florida, Texas, and West-Virginia in my truck, and I didn't worry one bit about not making the journey. I now have 170,000 miles on the truck. I plan on keeping this truck until the wheels fall off, which at this rate, won't be for another 20 years. I love this model/year truck and would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

I love the premium sound system that the truck came with, along with the simple dash design. The truck has nice bucket-seats that fit you like a glove.

Suggested Improvements

I would add the feature that makes the lights dim out when you shut the door. Also, an option for a sunroof would be awesome!