1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Over 300,000 miles
By mazdab2300 on 09/28/12 16:49 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 2dr Regular Cab SB

Just passed over 300,000 miles with no major issues at all. Do I have to say more about this truck. I drive mostly highway, get 27 mpg. Just passed CA smog check and should go another 5 years more (I believe). Parts have been changed: alternator, crankshaft seal, catalytic converter, front/rear brakes. That's about it. Oil change every 5000 miles.

Simple truck but it works great!
By mazdab2300 on 12/08/10 01:23 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 SE 2dr Regular Cab SB

i bought this truck new in 1994. today, i have put 288K miles on it, YES. this truck is simple, but it has been working great since day 1. No major issues at all on engine & transmission. i could not ask for much at this point, this is the best investment i have ever had. just put gas and start the engine and go. that's all i will say about this little simple truck. it's simple and no trouble.

Best Used Truck out there
By hsimpson on 06/30/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in 1994 and it has never let me down. It gets 18-19 mpg combined city/highway driving. Anybody that claims 30+ MPG doesn't know what they're talking about. I will probably have to sell the truck because it barely passes NOx test every year. Other than that it's been a great vehicle and still runs like new. Oh yeah, this truck was made in America with an American engine. I will be sad when I have to finally sell it next year.

It's STILL fun to drive
By Ohio B-Series owner on 08/15/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned this truck since it was built. It now has over 192000 miles. I bought it stripped - with no options. It runs great and is fun. It has had only minor problems (which from its age and mileage one would expect). I drive it now mostly as a winter vehicle. Still it is fun to drive. At present my "Summer" vehicle is in the shop. It figures that this truck is more reliable than my Summer vehicle (which is newer with tens of thousands fewer miles). Bottom line: I love this truck.

excellent truck
By DeeDee on 12/04/06 16:09 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 2dr Regular Cab SB

Fun truck to drive. The 3 litre engine is surprisingly powerful. It's hauled pretty much everything from gravel and interlocking bricks to 2 snowmachines on a trailer. Great little truck. The wheel wells of the box have succumbed to rust, the battery is held down with a bungie cord and the heater only works on high but still a fun truck to drive. Very few problems mechanically. Brakes only changed twice with over 270,000 km (~160,000 miles). A little squirrelly when driving on snowpacked roads.

1994 B3000
By A Moreno on 01/24/06 16:53 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I enjoy driving this vehicle. Feels very sturdy. I was worried about gas mileage because of bigger engine but this does very well. Smooth ride overall.

10 year Mazda B-3000 owner
By chuck bennett on 05/19/05 04:50 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Regular Cab LB

Basic pickup, small and cramped inside but, i've more than got my money out of this truck. I've put over 230,000 miles on this truck and it still runs good and uses very little oil.

200,000 and the air still works
By Thinkbeauty on 04/21/05 07:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2300 2dr Extended Cab SB

This was the first vehicle I bought and had payments. I just paid cash before and took my chances. I have driven this truck across the country. I have used it as a delivery vehicle on more than one job. I have moved in it 12 times, not to mention the others I have moved. It has been through 3 relationships, 6 jobs and one 16 year old boy for 3 months. I have pulled a 1991 Eclipse from Shreveport to Dallas with no trouble. I love Trixy! I did replace the tranny in 1996. The center console lid won't stay latched and the black on the dash has chipped off a little, and there's a worn spot on the drivers seat. At least 40 Oil changes, a couple tuneups tires and 200,000 miles later, it starts every day and the air works!

good truck
By gilly1 on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

had the truck for 6yrs and put 100,000km on it and besides changing tires,brakes,battery and recently ball joints and flex hoses i only had to change the fan motor harness(only worked on high)doesn't burn oil at all and still has original paint.good on gas too i get about 30mpg.

'94 Mazda B4000 SE
By zitherworks on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda B-Series Pickup B4000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This vehicle is extremely reliable, slightly under powered, and has a front drive axel design problem. After 10 years and 185,000 miles I'd gladly buy a new one if it were available.