Used 1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

B2200 Extended Cab Owned it for 13 years
By RC

1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

When I bought this truck in 1992, it had 6,000 miles on it. I told my wife I'd still be driving it in 2000 and she laughed at me. Now it's almost 2006 and it has 133,000 miles. I had the transmission (automatic) rebuilt at 124,000, and a tie-rod. That's it. Otherwise, I just drive it and have the oil changed. I've been saying since 2000 that I'll buy a new truck when it stops running. It's still going. The driver's seat has ripped on the corner where you get in but the rest of the interior is still perfect.

It's just so simple. It has everything you need to have but none of the frills. I wish you could still buy a new truck like it.

Make real Mazda trucks again.

Excellent hard working truck
By behaley

1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

Outstanding truck. It tows a lot more than the specs say(up 4000lbs) without any difficulty. Currently at 183000 miles and haven't had to do anything major or unusual with regards to maintenance. Very easy to work on most things. Mileage has been a steady 22mpg unless towing high volume or high weight loads(detailed mileage records kept). Good solid well built truck. The only complaint is its traction, which is so bad, I've gotten stuck in things I didn't know a vehicle could get stuck. I even got stuck on a grassy hill that was dry and hard packed. This is an excellent truck.

reliability and longgevity. I expect it to clear 200,000 miles without any trouble.

add 200lbs or more to the rear axle and larger fuel compacity.

Best car ever owned, bar none
By Tufftommy

1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the only vehicle I have ever purchased brand new. I've had literally dozens of "fix-'em-up-and- sell-'em cars and trucks in the last 10 years. At 100k I put in a new front 1/2 shaft axle. I think I replace a turn signal bulb and one headlight, too. Other than regular maintenance, that's it. What a great truck! Very heavy duty, check out the frame and front suspension components. Huge. Combined city/hwy since new is about 23.8 mpg, with a shell on. It starts everytime, hauls a ton of stuff and still looks great in bright red. If you are looking at this truck, I LOVE mine and plan to drive it until it or I am dead.

Reliablity, heavy duty for it's size, no-frills operation.

A bit more pop in the motor would help on these Colorado hills, but it out pulls my brother-in-laws '95 toyota truck with it's v-6 everytime!

1992 B-2600i 4x4 Extended Cab
By rumaker

1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

If you can find one for sale buy it.

Good mileage for this size truck. The body style is very nice too.

Wish it had a larger gas tank.

The Best Truck
By seymour

1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck is my second vechiele owned and the best, most reliable ,import truck i have had to this day.Sure dont make them like that anymore.