Used 1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Mazda B-series-pickup - Consumer Reviews

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Best truck avail in the world
By jason9022@msn.com

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2600i 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned over 10 Mazda b series trucks ranging from 87-93. I am a master mechanic and know all vehicles very well. These are the best trucks that are avail in the United States. Very tough, simple and run forever with very little maintenance. The only ones to possibly stay away from would be the 87&88 b2600 trucks that have a Mitsubishi sourced engine, that was somewhat problematic in comparison to Mazda built engines. The 4x4 trucks are totally unstoppable. They are tall and light, and go through everything, but being top heavy they are easy to roll. I rolled my 4x4 and flipped it back on all wheels, let it sit for 30 min, then drove away, just a bent fender. They are tough!

Suggested Improvements

Probably not the safest vehicle to be in a collision in over 60 mph, but the technology is right out of 1980. in comparison, to others they are just fine. i was in a head on at 35 mph, i was ok, walked away with a stiff neck. it's no Volvo, but unless you are a frail old woman, you should be fine

Good Work Truck
By John

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2200 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought it with 32,000 original miles in Jan.2008 and now have 64,000 (used for light duty service work). Reliability has been outstanding. Very smooth and silent drive line with good ratio spacing. Brakes very good. Engine is long stroke 2.2L FI truck type- max torque at low rpm. Acceleration and sustained hill climbing are only marginal. Interior quality is marginal. MPG is 20 avg. Ride quality is really rough when unloaded.(torsion bar/leaf). Bench seat very uncomfortable.Sun visors to small to be useful.Front bumper and exhaust system from catalyst on back disintegrated from rust (common for B2200)

Favorite Features

Simple to service/repair. Relatively low cost replacement parts and operational costs.

Suggested Improvements

Crash survivability is extremely low and severe injury high in this light pickup or similar. (Even at low speed) Keep that in mind when buying any extremely light weight and especially older vehicle.

I can believe it!!
By ted rivers

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2200 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck may be an eyesore and not that comfortable but this truck will not fail you. I got this truck from my dad who bought it new for orchard use. This truck was used mostly for navigating up and down rough apple, grapes, and cherry orchards and is still in perfect shape engine wise. I strongly believe this trucks body and interior will go before the internal parts i.e., engine, tranny.

Favorite Features

Being able to drive the hell out of it and it will still keep going

Suggested Improvements

Stereo system and seats

I wish they still made this truck
By animaldoc

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2600i 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my mazda pickup new and have been amazed at its reliability. The only thing I have had to do other than routine maintanance is recently replace the valve cover gasket which had cracked from age after 13 years of service. I drive this truck hard and cannot believe the original clutch is still working. Hats off to mazda for one of the best made trucks ever!

Favorite Features

The 5 speed transmission is perfectly matched for the motor, providing excellent traction off road.

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room in the cab would be nice for those of us over 6' tall.

B2200 Rules!
By B22Dude

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Regular Cab B2200 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have not replaced a single componet in this truck except the radiator due to poor water quality. Clutch orig. alternator orig.,etc, well built simple truck.

Favorite Features

simple design & easy to maintain

Suggested Improvements

none