Used 1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By mdinaz

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 1991. It now has 233K miles, and until this year, was all original. Other than standard wear (tires, brakes, etc), nothing had been repaired or replaced. It drives great, has been super reliable, and even with 2WD, has been great in off-road type conditions. The manual transmission has been awesome. She's slowing down a bit but still, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned in the past 30 years. I seriously doubt the Ford Mazdas will even come close.

Favorite Features

This is the only vehicle I've ever seen, ANYWHERE, that allows you to have outside air coming in the side vents while running the AC or heat out of the central vents. Best feature that I can't find anywhere else in any make vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of a single thing, other than I wish they still made them (in Japan that is, not the Ford Mazda) and maybe it had a tad more horsepower out of the gate. But for 20 years and 233K miles, very satisfied owner.

Extremely reliable, got 230k miles
By Declan17

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this car from the original owner a few yrs ago, needed a cheap truck in a pinch. It never broke down or left me stranded until the engine blew w/ almost 230k miles on the original engine and tranny. It was incredibly reliable although bare bones. Great for a first car or a work truck if you can get one w/ low miles.

Favorite Features

None really, bench seats, no ac but I would have driven it anywhere without worrying about it breaking it down.

Only the best
By ottinar

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck brand new and never had a problem. Engine finally blew at 162,000 miles. One of the best I ever had!!

1991 Mazda Pickup
By james d

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Reliable vehicle, excellent gas mileage, uses no oil, have maintained oil changes and tune up regularly. Tires are kept in good condition. Quiet motor. AC and heating work well. Radio and cassette work well.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage. Reliability, comfort in summer and winter.

Suggested Improvements

Truck bed could be repainted. Replace interior light.

Excellent Stock 4x4
By Luke

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for a little over a year and so far I am completely satisfied. I did a lot of research on compact 4x4's before buying and after weighing all the pros and cons of each contender, the B2600i came out on top. Easy to work on, good power for a four banger, good price, great styling, tons of space, nice and convenient cockpit, and excellent reliability/dependability. If you are looking to do heavy modifications, look somewhere else, there's not much of an aftermarket for these guys. But if you are looking for a top notch stock 4x4 this is for you.

Favorite Features

Excellent 4x4 capabilities, I go through all kinds of mud with ease. Design, both interior and exterior, well thought out and engineered. Reliability, this is one tough/well built truck.

Suggested Improvements

They should have offered a V6 with better gas mileage. They should have made more of them to ensure an aftermarket. Should be stock with 7" rims instead of a wimpy 6". No overdrive until '92.