Used 1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By mdinaz

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 1991. It now has 233K miles, and until this year, was all original. Other than standard wear (tires, brakes, etc), nothing had been repaired or replaced. It drives great, has been super reliable, and even with 2WD, has been great in off-road type conditions. The manual transmission has been awesome. She's slowing down a bit but still, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned in the past 30 years. I seriously doubt the Ford Mazdas will even come close.

Favorite Features

This is the only vehicle I've ever seen, ANYWHERE, that allows you to have outside air coming in the side vents while running the AC or heat out of the central vents. Best feature that I can't find anywhere else in any make vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of a single thing, other than I wish they still made them (in Japan that is, not the Ford Mazda) and maybe it had a tad more horsepower out of the gate. But for 20 years and 233K miles, very satisfied owner.

It wouldn't die!
By mks

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

People I know used to call this truck "The Tank." It started up every time without fail. It could maintain higher than highway speeds for extended periods of time, even after 100K miles on it. I am certain that I could have driven it another 200K without any major problems. It was extremely fun to drive, and highly reliable. Despite being a truck, it handled very well. Most amazing was its demise. I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing, and ended up rolling the thing down a ravine and then into a tree. Despite all the damage, the thing could still start up in the salvage yard a few days later! Even in death, it lived up to it's nickname!

Favorite Features

Reliability, amazing quality, cool- looking and fun to drive! Well worth the money!

Suggested Improvements

More power, has a very hot-running engine (although mine had a rebuilt radiator) gas mileage could use a bit of improvement. Perhaps these have already been addressed.

mazda truck
By mark

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

I use it for work and it's been a good one