1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Extremely reliable, got 230k miles
By Declan17 on 10/11/08 01:42 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this car from the original owner a few yrs ago, needed a cheap truck in a pinch. It never broke down or left me stranded until the engine blew w/ almost 230k miles on the original engine and tranny. It was incredibly reliable although bare bones. Great for a first car or a work truck if you can get one w/ low miles.

Only the best
By ottinar on 02/11/08 09:25 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck brand new and never had a problem. Engine finally blew at 162,000 miles. One of the best I ever had!!

1991 Mazda Pickup
By james d on 06/13/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Reliable vehicle, excellent gas mileage, uses no oil, have maintained oil changes and tune up regularly. Tires are kept in good condition. Quiet motor. AC and heating work well. Radio and cassette work well.

140,000 and still going strong!
By Rob Gillespie on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used and have been enjoying it for over 10 years now. You have to admire a truck that's still in good shape after 140,000 miles. The interior is comfortable, almost luxurious for a truck, and nothing has come loose. The engine has just had the usual routine maintenance items. It's aging gracefully like a fine wine. I had to have the A/C retrofitted to use non-CFC refrigerant. Body rust is minimal even though I've lived near saltwater most of the time. My hat is off to Mazda for a superbly reliable truck. (Don't be fooled - The new "Mazda" trucks are actually Fords.)

Mazda
By dumpdevil6669 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am a sixteen year old driver, who bought this car for 4000 dollars. It came with a canopy, which is why it cost a little more, it started with 121000 miles on it and now i am pushing 200000 and it is still running the same as when i bought it, there is only one minor thing that i can complain about and that is the clutch is now starting to give, and it is an expensive replacement, but seeing as how i learned how to drive a stick in this truck, i brought it upon myself, it is the most reliable car in the family and it gets me where i need to go. I highly reccomend it.