1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Best vehicle I've ever owned
By mdinaz on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 1991. It now has 233K miles, and until this year, was all original. Other than standard wear (tires, brakes, etc), nothing had been repaired or replaced. It drives great, has been super reliable, and even with 2WD, has been great in off-road type conditions. The manual transmission has been awesome. She's slowing down a bit but still, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned in the past 30 years. I seriously doubt the Ford Mazdas will even come close.

Best truck avail in the world
By jason9022@msn.com on 05/10/10 20:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned over 10 Mazda b series trucks ranging from 87-93. I am a master mechanic and know all vehicles very well. These are the best trucks that are avail in the United States. Very tough, simple and run forever with very little maintenance. The only ones to possibly stay away from would be the 87&88 b2600 trucks that have a Mitsubishi sourced engine, that was somewhat problematic in comparison to Mazda built engines. The 4x4 trucks are totally unstoppable. They are tall and light, and go through everything, but being top heavy they are easy to roll. I rolled my 4x4 and flipped it back on all wheels, let it sit for 30 min, then drove away, just a bent fender. They are tough!

Good Work Truck
By John on 12/29/08 01:08 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought it with 32,000 original miles in Jan.2008 and now have 64,000 (used for light duty service work). Reliability has been outstanding. Very smooth and silent drive line with good ratio spacing. Brakes very good. Engine is long stroke 2.2L FI truck type- max torque at low rpm. Acceleration and sustained hill climbing are only marginal. Interior quality is marginal. MPG is 20 avg. Ride quality is really rough when unloaded.(torsion bar/leaf). Bench seat very uncomfortable.Sun visors to small to be useful.Front bumper and exhaust system from catalyst on back disintegrated from rust (common for B2200)

Extremely reliable, got 230k miles
By Declan17 on 10/11/08 01:42 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this car from the original owner a few yrs ago, needed a cheap truck in a pinch. It never broke down or left me stranded until the engine blew w/ almost 230k miles on the original engine and tranny. It was incredibly reliable although bare bones. Great for a first car or a work truck if you can get one w/ low miles.

I can believe it!!
By ted rivers on 04/09/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck may be an eyesore and not that comfortable but this truck will not fail you. I got this truck from my dad who bought it new for orchard use. This truck was used mostly for navigating up and down rough apple, grapes, and cherry orchards and is still in perfect shape engine wise. I strongly believe this trucks body and interior will go before the internal parts i.e., engine, tranny.

Only the best
By ottinar on 02/11/08 09:25 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck brand new and never had a problem. Engine finally blew at 162,000 miles. One of the best I ever had!!

1991 Mazda Pickup
By james d on 06/13/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Reliable vehicle, excellent gas mileage, uses no oil, have maintained oil changes and tune up regularly. Tires are kept in good condition. Quiet motor. AC and heating work well. Radio and cassette work well.

Excellent Stock 4x4
By Luke on 04/12/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for a little over a year and so far I am completely satisfied. I did a lot of research on compact 4x4's before buying and after weighing all the pros and cons of each contender, the B2600i came out on top. Easy to work on, good power for a four banger, good price, great styling, tons of space, nice and convenient cockpit, and excellent reliability/dependability. If you are looking to do heavy modifications, look somewhere else, there's not much of an aftermarket for these guys. But if you are looking for a top notch stock 4x4 this is for you.

It wouldn't die!
By mks on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

People I know used to call this truck "The Tank." It started up every time without fail. It could maintain higher than highway speeds for extended periods of time, even after 100K miles on it. I am certain that I could have driven it another 200K without any major problems. It was extremely fun to drive, and highly reliable. Despite being a truck, it handled very well. Most amazing was its demise. I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing, and ended up rolling the thing down a ravine and then into a tree. Despite all the damage, the thing could still start up in the salvage yard a few days later! Even in death, it lived up to it's nickname!

I wish they still made this truck
By animaldoc on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup B2600i 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my mazda pickup new and have been amazed at its reliability. The only thing I have had to do other than routine maintanance is recently replace the valve cover gasket which had cracked from age after 13 years of service. I drive this truck hard and cannot believe the original clutch is still working. Hats off to mazda for one of the best made trucks ever!