1995 Mazda 929 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )
Awesome sports sedan
By Mark on 05/09/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This car is a real joy to own. First class airline seats in a car. Love the luxurious style and didn't expect the sporty handling. This coming from someone who owned a 1987 Mustang GT, Toyota MR2 and a Civic Si. Drives solid and comfortable like a Cadillac yet takes off and corners like a Mazda "Zoom Zoom" this is another great achievement for Mazda. Would I buy another one? In a heart beat! Driving 66 miles daily with 3 min of steep hill climbing. I was averaging 19 mpg.

Horrible car
By jhook34 on 04/22/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Bought this car about a year and 10,000 miles ago. Numerous problems. Car kept dying on me because the intake was loose. Very expensive to fix. Car still dies several times a week. Heat doesn't work. Check engine light comes on often but the next time it's started up is off again. No idea what's wrong there. It's been a horrible and completely unreliable car. Bad fuel economy too.

Amazing
By Ethan Standridge on 04/03/07 09:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

My Mazda 929 is the best car I've ever had. It's better than most 07s now days. I haven't had any problems out of it yet. It has the feel of a sports car and the looks of a luxury car. It's truly amazing that this car stopped being produced by Mazda. It's such a nice car.

my 929 has 220k miles on it
By jimmy on 12/30/06 00:37 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

I bought it used with a few miles on it and drove it for many years. I did replace the engine once. The radiator ruptured and the car overheated. The mechanics said because it was an aluminum block it was warped because of the heat and had to be replaced. It was expensive (even with an engine from the parts yard) but the car has been good since then. I've had to replace a few things (timing belt, starter, water pump, power window regulator), but with mileage this high I'm sure this is to be expected. Overall a very good car. Very comfortable, very quiet. I just test drove a Lexus ES300 to replace the 929 and I was not impressed. I just don't think I can put too many more miles on it.

Most dependable car I have had
By India on 05/22/06 12:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This car has been great, since iI bought it 1 year ago, it hasn't give me any problems. It is a smooth ride and comfortable. I enjoy driving; my car is a 1995 but looks and feels like a 2006 the way it drives and the way it looks.

1995 Mazada 929
By moorman on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Very Low Maintenance. Still has the look of a high-end luxury car.

Best overall performing vehicle owned
By Hannah Parker on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This has been the most reliable car I have owned. Previous vehicle were 3 Chryslers (1976 Cordoba,1980 New Yorker, 1992 Lebaron Convertible) 2 Cadillacs (1982 Seville,1988 Eldorado) I drive cars for several years and this vehicle has required only oil changes & routine maintenance (new battery,filters etc. The handling is excellent and ride is smooth and quiet.

Great Reliable Car
By JGar5656 on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Very well built with no rpairs other than normal maintenance in 8 years.

my experience with the Mazda 929
By mlemkau on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

I have had this vehicle for seven years and it has been a good car--had to replace the radiator due to a blown hose and a few other things, but overall it has driven nicely.

Perfomance
By mazdafan on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excelent car at all!