Used 1995 Mazda 929 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mazda 929 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

Awesome sports sedan
By Mark

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This car is a real joy to own. First class airline seats in a car. Love the luxurious style and didn't expect the sporty handling. This coming from someone who owned a 1987 Mustang GT, Toyota MR2 and a Civic Si. Drives solid and comfortable like a Cadillac yet takes off and corners like a Mazda "Zoom Zoom" this is another great achievement for Mazda. Would I buy another one? In a heart beat! Driving 66 miles daily with 3 min of steep hill climbing. I was averaging 19 mpg.

Stereo control and cruies control on steering wheel not common feature on other cars for this year. Rear wheel drive. Huge fog light states this is not a economy car.I also loved the high quality materials used inside and the dasbord it wraps around the "pilot" like a cockpit.

This car is no longer in production so the suggetion is in vain. The only change I would make to this car is more trunk room. Not possible because half the gas tank is in the trunk, but you'll never notice because the trunk is carpeted.

Horrible car
By jhook34

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Bought this car about a year and 10,000 miles ago. Numerous problems. Car kept dying on me because the intake was loose. Very expensive to fix. Car still dies several times a week. Heat doesn't work. Check engine light comes on often but the next time it's started up is off again. No idea what's wrong there. It's been a horrible and completely unreliable car. Bad fuel economy too.

V6 was nice. Getting rid of it this week.

Besides the problems listed above, air vents are in horrible places. It's very hard to stay cool when the air is going everywhere but where you want it to.

Amazing
By Ethan Standridge

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

My Mazda 929 is the best car I've ever had. It's better than most 07s now days. I haven't had any problems out of it yet. It has the feel of a sports car and the looks of a luxury car. It's truly amazing that this car stopped being produced by Mazda. It's such a nice car.

My favorite feature is the solar roof and the ventilation fans.

Only the audio system needs improvement.

my 929 has 220k miles on it
By jimmy

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

I bought it used with a few miles on it and drove it for many years. I did replace the engine once. The radiator ruptured and the car overheated. The mechanics said because it was an aluminum block it was warped because of the heat and had to be replaced. It was expensive (even with an engine from the parts yard) but the car has been good since then. I've had to replace a few things (timing belt, starter, water pump, power window regulator), but with mileage this high I'm sure this is to be expected. Overall a very good car. Very comfortable, very quiet. I just test drove a Lexus ES300 to replace the 929 and I was not impressed. I just don't think I can put too many more miles on it.

Leather seats are super comfy, wood trim is really nice, ride is comfortable, cabin is quiet, it's actually pretty quick too.

Power window regulators seemed to be a pretty common problem. At the parts yard they said that was always the first part to go. Radiator may be a weakness too. Stock stereo stinks.

Most dependable car I have had
By India

1995 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This car has been great, since iI bought it 1 year ago, it hasn't give me any problems. It is a smooth ride and comfortable. I enjoy driving; my car is a 1995 but looks and feels like a 2006 the way it drives and the way it looks.

What I like most about my car is that is fully loaded and I love the leather interior. I also love the wood on the dashboard.