1994 Mazda 929 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Still miss the nine
By totaljett on 04/29/14 08:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in the 2000 with 126, 000 miles on it. The car was like new, not lying. I love the size and room of this vehicle. It's the most interesting and best looking interior on car I've had, with chrome accents and light blue leather interior. I departed with this vehicle at 277, 000 miles in 2006. It was traded in for the 2000 Infiniti Q45t I still have. I still love that model 929 and express a moment of excitement when I see a well maintained one on the road.

One of the best cars I've ever had.
By mazdacrazy on 04/19/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in the summer of '97 with only 28k on the odometer. I've just turned over 67k and runs like a top (yeah I know, super low miles whatya expect). It's been my "go to work car" mostly, with occasional road trips when my other rides are in use. Fantastic ride on the highway, reliable, economical, powerful and fast. What more could you want? Oh yeah, drop dead good looks. On the down side parts are hard to find and when you get 'em boy do you pay a price for them. I live in the southeast, my dealer has checked for used parts and they are not available. All the good parts have already been salvaged so I gotta bite the bullet and get factory new$$. In the long run it's worth it.

1994 Mazda 929
By Mark on 01/15/07 19:42 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

I'm now going on seven years with this car and have thoroughly enjoyed it. At its time it was considered a luxury full-sized car. You sit lower than most in it - your legs go more forward than down. The styling is first rate - sometimes described as Japanese Jaguaresque. Very comfortable to ride in. As others have remarked there's no glove box or tilt steering wheel - minor inconveniences. I only wish Mazda would revisit this car and provide a technologically updated version.

929 is Excellent
By McMath on 10/24/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Bought used and are second owners. The 929 is the most responsive car we have owned; you are riding in it not having to drive it. Reliable and mechanically sound; have owned for almost 2 years now and predict another 80K miles of life to go. Engine is perfect even after 12 years. Only repair is AC. Nice looking lines to car exterior. Leather seats in almost new condition and other interior parts in same almost new condition.

A near classic
By anon. on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Bought it used: absolutely no mechanical problems for last 40,ooo miles.(sunroof can be problematical. Not really spacious enough, and no glove box is an annoyance (as noted by others. Still one of the best looking cars on the road.

Couldn't ask for better..
By AKa on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car, except for interior space. No glove compartment as has often been remarked. I wish they'd make it again. Bought it used as sixty thou. miles; only trouble was balky sunroof.

The Real Reveal
By Croce on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Owned since new. These model series 929s have arguably the best style of any auto on the road. Mine has chrome wheels and to this day, I still receive compliments. People can not believe it is a 94 model. These cars are under valued on the market and represent great values. MPG is 20 in town and 24 on the road with premium gas.

excellent
By rayburn charlotte on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

vehicle is in excellent condition with omly a s,mall ding to the right front door and a small scrape to the right front bumper.

SELL 94 929 MAZDA
By SHELBY on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

THIS HAS BEEN FREE OF ANY MECHANICAL PROBLEMS SINCE OWNING.