Used 1993 Mazda 929 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mazda 929 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

929
By E. Nieman

1993 Mazda 929 Sedan 4dr Sedan

One of the most reliable cars I have ever owned! I have 150,000 miles on mine. Have driven it on long hauls all over. The car makes you proud to have one everytime you glance at it. Can put so much luggage in it and still it looks empty. Have never had any major repairs only tune ups!

The body styling, ride, and the engine!

tilt steering

I love this car
By claudiog

1993 Mazda 929 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent vehicle for me. It has been very reliable and is the nicest car I have ever owned. The car has 190,000 miles on it and is still doing well. I am considering trading it in this year (2008). The ride is very comfortable, has decent power and handling, however the gas mileage is not the best. The struts are in need of replacement but the rest of the car is in good shape. The only repairs that the car has needed was an oil leak at the valve cover area - only 400.00 to repair. Apart from tires and general maintenance it has been fine. One complaint is the construction of the front door panels - made from plastic and have been slowly falling apart for a couple of years

The leather interior and the glass sun roof. The color of this car is a silver-green that is very nice.

Interior door panels and possibly more trunk space.

Good Car
By ms.sills

1993 Mazda 929 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is really a timeless vehicle and has held up great over the many years. I can't believe it looks so great for its age, I would never had guessed the car's a 93 when looking at the exterior. It's fast reliable and just an all around great car. The only problems I've had are that the seat belts fell apart, windows occasionally don't work and some electric problems with brake lights. Inner door handles are plastic and broke so now I have to roll down window to open the door.

Fast and comfortable.

Better seat belts, higher quality parts for doors. Make the interior as great as the exterior.

929 - Good choice
By ttt

1993 Mazda 929 Sedan 4dr Sedan

179,000 miles and no sign of dying. I am a salesman and drive around most of Oklahoma for work. My 929 looks good and rides well. The Nissan Altima it replaced was reliable also, but was a stagecoach compared to the smooth V-6 and luxury ride. Quirks include: smallish trunk, no glove box, no tilt wheel. Not deal breakers. I get 22 MPG on regular unleaded and don't spend much time in the shop. When necessary ... parts can be high. Rarely are they necessary - in 6 years I've replaced the starter, belts, 2 shocks,timing belt, spark plug wires and had the tranny worked on (about $1500). Of course, tires and other soft parts also. Ain't bad for the 100,000 miles I've had it.

Class ride, substantial vehicle, reasonable economy, dependable.

Parts too expensive.

929
By santoso

1993 Mazda 929 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Excellent car, but built quality is not as fine as other luxury car (e.g. lexus)