1993 Mazda 929 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mazda 929 - Consumer Reviews

1993 929 Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

929
By E. Nieman

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

One of the most reliable cars I have ever owned! I have 150,000 miles on mine. Have driven it on long hauls all over. The car makes you proud to have one everytime you glance at it. Can put so much luggage in it and still it looks empty. Have never had any major repairs only tune ups!

Favorite Features

The body styling, ride, and the engine!

Suggested Improvements

tilt steering

I love this car
By claudiog

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent vehicle for me. It has been very reliable and is the nicest car I have ever owned. The car has 190,000 miles on it and is still doing well. I am considering trading it in this year (2008). The ride is very comfortable, has decent power and handling, however the gas mileage is not the best. The struts are in need of replacement but the rest of the car is in good shape. The only repairs that the car has needed was an oil leak at the valve cover area - only 400.00 to repair. Apart from tires and general maintenance it has been fine. One complaint is the construction of the front door panels - made from plastic and have been slowly falling apart for a couple of years

Favorite Features

The leather interior and the glass sun roof. The color of this car is a silver-green that is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Interior door panels and possibly more trunk space.

Good Car
By ms.sills

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This is really a timeless vehicle and has held up great over the many years. I can't believe it looks so great for its age, I would never had guessed the car's a 93 when looking at the exterior. It's fast reliable and just an all around great car. The only problems I've had are that the seat belts fell apart, windows occasionally don't work and some electric problems with brake lights. Inner door handles are plastic and broke so now I have to roll down window to open the door.

Favorite Features

Fast and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Better seat belts, higher quality parts for doors. Make the interior as great as the exterior.

929 - Good choice
By ttt

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

179,000 miles and no sign of dying. I am a salesman and drive around most of Oklahoma for work. My 929 looks good and rides well. The Nissan Altima it replaced was reliable also, but was a stagecoach compared to the smooth V-6 and luxury ride. Quirks include: smallish trunk, no glove box, no tilt wheel. Not deal breakers. I get 22 MPG on regular unleaded and don't spend much time in the shop. When necessary ... parts can be high. Rarely are they necessary - in 6 years I've replaced the starter, belts, 2 shocks,timing belt, spark plug wires and had the tranny worked on (about $1500). Of course, tires and other soft parts also. Ain't bad for the 100,000 miles I've had it.

Favorite Features

Class ride, substantial vehicle, reasonable economy, dependable.

Suggested Improvements

Parts too expensive.

929
By santoso

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

Excellent car, but built quality is not as fine as other luxury car (e.g. lexus)

Fast, fun car
By iceequeen18

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

My 929 was off the chain. It was a gift from my parents on my 17th birthday and I just passed it down to my sister when I went off to college. I like to describe my car as the car that can do anything. I've taken it off road, through water, and even on sidewalks! I would love to buy this car brand new if they still made it.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature about the 929 was the fast engine. It had good acceleration and good breaks as well.

Suggested Improvements

no suggested improvements

excellent car
By mindsets

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This is a very well built car. I have driven it on short, medium, and long distances and would not hesitate to buy another if I could. The car handles well, has good horsepower and the engine is phenomenal! great car to own!

Favorite Features

the engine and the sporty, sleek, luxurious look.

Suggested Improvements

larger trunk space.

Best Car ever
By Milind Chauk

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars i have ever seen. Luxurious, safe and stable.

Favorite Features

performance

Suggested Improvements

none

I would buy another new one if available
By FRANK INDERBITZEN

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new from my local Mazda dealership. The only complaint I have had is that the there is no tilt steering wheel available.I love the ride,design and overall appearance and performance of the car. I would purchase a new one without any hesitation if Mazda still made this model.

Favorite Features

The styling and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Mazda should have offered a tilt steering wheel.

Great Car
By Boxster967

1993 Mazda 929 4dr Sedan

This car is a great car. It is big yet quick and responsive. It's a sport sedan that emphazises the sportiness. It now has 93,000 miles on it, and it still drives great. The transmission has needed a few repairs but overall it has been very good. I definetly recommend it to people who want a car that is fun to drive

Favorite Features

the Engine. It's definetly a bad mother. You don't find engines like this anymore.

Suggested Improvements

The reliability is somewhat questionable..and it is Rear Wheel Drive.