Used 1990 Mazda 929 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 929 model:

Overall
By jim

1990 Mazda 929 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I've only put 15,000 mi on in 3 yrs. But have enjoyed every mile. Lots of power and comfort. It has 2.85 gears in rear end and 32 mpg highway w/ summer time gas is a constant! So far I've replaced brakes and $60 starter from e- bay. Nice car and reliable so far .

Well balanced performer
By Good performer

1990 Mazda 929 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a second car. I use it as my daily driver for my 48 mile roundtrip commute. I bought the car from an elderly gentleman who had taken very good care of the car. It was in very good shape and even had a fresh paint job. There was one problem that he was unable to figure out. The car had very rough shifts generally from 1st to 2nd gear. He said he'd tried several shops but to no avail. I took the car to a transmission specialist who said the problem was the throttle positioning sensor. I had it replaced for about $200. No more rough shifts or smoke. The car has a very good ride. It's very comfortable for me at 6'2" and about 270 lbs.

Oscillating A/C vents, smooth ride, timeless exterior body style, good gas mileage, soft leather.

Poor quality interior plastics, road noise.

a great first car
By danny83

1990 Mazda 929 Sedan 4dr Sedan

my white 88 929 was my first car. i had it for two years. it had 97000 miles when i bought it. i just traded it in on a newer mazda millenia, but it will be missed. it was everything i wanted in a car and then some. extremely good for long trips. not the most stylish for young people, but anyone who ever rode in it appreciated its quality and design. it wasn't new, but it really was the nicest car in my high school parking lot...way better than a '99 cavalier or '96 jetta (honestly). but toward the end, it started needing more oil than gas, and i had to say goodbye, but all good things must end.

*oscillating air vents! *plush blue fabric *power moonroof *great handling, smooth ride *huge trunk *it was made in Hiroshima (how cool is that?!) *a quality vehicle all the way

toward the end, the passenger side speakers stopped working rear wheel drive was bad in snow.

Champagne drive,beer budget
By burtie

1990 Mazda 929 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Well I've got to tell you, this is a well made car, my 929 DOHC hardtop is a 1990 model, it's done 114000km's on some pretty rough outback Australian roads and it has'nt got a rattle or squeek at all, now that's got to say some thing about the build quality!The engine runs like a swiss watch and the seats are as comfy as they come, it could do with more head room but thats my only gripe with an otherwise exellent car that can be picked up for a steal!

Favorite features would have to be the build quality, the seats, the lined glove box, the sun roof and the wat it rides at speed.

More head room, remote central locking and a CD player.

Pleasure to drive this car
By njordan

1990 Mazda 929 Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This car is an exceptional vehicle. The ride, comfort, space, power and fuel economy is great. It's time to sell it and I'm finding a hard time locating a car that compares. Mazda should have been given more credit for this vehicle.

Comfort, 24 valve V-6 for power, roomy!

None.