2002 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Reliable and zippy family sedan
By Carcrazy10 on 06/07/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda 626 LX-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my 99 626 V6 as a preowned with 84K miles on it and have driven over 22k miles since then. No major repairs other than spark plug wires. Regular oil changes and fuel additives like injector cleaners and gas treatment keeps the engine running smooth.Very reliable and friends riding in the backseat love the comfortable seats.

Sport Performance Commuter
By troyb on 04/10/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda 626 LX-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used for $9,900 last June (2004). It had 10,800 miles on it then and currently has 22,500. I have had no mechanical problems. I am 6'4"+ so the vehicle gets a bit uncomfortable on 1-hour+ rides (leg room). There is not really ample room for adult passengers in the back seat, I think the '02 Protege has more space. The V-6/5-spd is quite peppy, especially on the highway. I average between 26-29 mpg. The interior is simple and functional. The exterior design is nice, but the paint scratches easier then other cars I have owned and the door molding paint is fading. The suspension is sporty, but can get uncomfortable on bumpy roads.

Fun for a first car
By Dr. Frito on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda 626 LX-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased this new a year ago for $15,000. Being our first new car we wanted to be careful. We looked at the Accord and Camry and really would have liked an Accord, however for the V-6 model we would have shelled out an additional 6-8 grand. We've had no troubles with it and really have had fun. We took off on a 2500 mile road trip not too long after purchase. Interior is clean and simple. Exterior is also clean and simple. No qualms with anything.

V6 Rulez
By vas on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda 626 LX-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have 2002 626 LX V6 for about a year. Exterior look is very stylish, easy to recognize. Acceleration and handling are great, no need to slow down on highway turns. 626 V6 version has Japanese transmission, so go for it if you are afraid of Ford tranny. No mechanical problems so far (closing to 10K on it). The cost is 5-6 grand less than 6-liter Camry or Accord. Easy choice!

go with 6-cylinder
By zymur on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda 626 LX-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Originally had a 4-cylinder and traded up to a 6- cylinder.Lots of pep and STILL get 26+ miles per gallon! ( Even when driving at 80MPH!) Have over 63,000 miles and my wife has over 83,000 miles on her same model with no problems on either car.

Very Good, Zoom Zoom Zoom
By China Doll on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda 626 LX-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'm not a race car driver. I'm a working mother with 2 kids. I have received complements by others on how smooth it drives and how nice the interior looks. I have also had complements from people on the street on how they like the car and they wanted to know what kind of car it was. The car excelerates great for me and handles really well. When I travel with the kids from time to time to the beach it would be nice to have some lumbar support. Other than that I love my 626 Zoom Zoom Zoom.