2002 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
I like my 626 :-)
By skeezers on 11/11/04 01:49 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda 626 ES-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 626 for about 6 months now. We bought the car used but I have to say that we have really enjoyed the car. Although the exterior is a little boring the performance and comfort more than makes up for it. The car is quiet and has a very sturdy feeling to it. It also has great get up and go. We've had no problems. We took the car on a long road trip and it was very comfortable and handled well on steep and mountainous roads. We love it!

good car
By KKURT on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda 626 ES-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car for the bucks. I purchased it new in 2002. Seats are comfortable, good head and leg room even at 6'3". V-6 has plenty of get up and go. In two years the 626 has been trouble free. I had a Mazda GLC 20+ years ago and it was a great car, oil changes, brakes and tires where about the extent of repairs. Two years with the 626 oil changes are all the service it has required Never will understand why the 626 did not compete better as far as number of units sold. The ES V6 with leather, CD, traction control, fog lights etc was a great bargin as compared to similar cars.

good car for the price
By hydro21 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda 626 ES-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

i bought this car 2 months ago and so far i love it. the v6 gives you a lot of power though it seems a little sluggish in city driving. the leather seats makes the car look and feel a lot more luxurious then it is. id get the V6 because the 4 cyclinder doesnt have any power. the ride is smooth but i wish the steering was a little tighter it has more of a big car feeling. its spacey and the interior looks plain but nice. This is a really good car.

Lots of band for the dollar
By kawnow on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda 626 ES-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the 626 and a protege 5, which today I get rid of the protege 5. Stylish comfort. I see complaints about the leg room, which i could see if i was over 6 feet tall, but I'm not, so no complaints. Excellent stero. Tansmission is usually smooth, a little, and I mean just a little, rough on cold mornings. Average gas mileage. It's my thoughts that Mazda made basic seem cool.

Like the luxury
By Joseph-WWJD on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda 626 ES-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Mazda 626 ES is a stylish and good- looking car. Good handling. Fair gas millage. Rough transmission. Excellent price. The swing fan is so cool. Heated mirrors are the standard. Good CD player. Radio has great reception. Hidden antenna. Trunk-open remote control. Two 12V outlets and one of them is under the front console for cell phone, MP3 player, or palm pilot.

My black beauty
By tefus on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda 626 ES-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car, tranmission rough, and could use a little more leg room.

Needs work
By RPG on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda 626 ES-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Lack powers and is very sluggish around the city. Seats very uncomfortable, even with power seat adjustments.

Much better than people think
By RTG on 03/09/02 13:57 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda 626 ES-V6 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had several cars from compact to midsize cars not one of them could do what the 626 4 cylinder can do; drive from Raleigh NC to Philly Pa. on one tank of gas with gas to spare. I admit the car somewhat sluggish when pulling off but accelerates great after you are moving. The interior is nice but the seats could use lumbar support for longer drives.