Good Car For The Money
By Chris on
2001 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my car four years ago with a little over 70,000 miles on it. In that time, the only big repair I've had to make is replacing the axles due to the CV boots, which were busted when I bought it. Other repairs were minor, including new spark plugs, plug wires, new battery, and a valve cover gasket. Regular maintenance has kept it on the road and relatively problem- free. I trust it to get me to work and back and to occasionally drive almost the full length of Texas and back, which I've done a few times now. The car isn't sexy, but the looks have held up for close to ten years now. Not fun to drive because of the 4 cyl engine. It's just a tool to get from A to B, and it's done it well.
Favorite Features
The fold-down rear seat allowed me to pack lots of big parts in the car and shave bundles on oversize shipping as I've been restoring a '66 Mustang in my spare time. It's been a life-saver on out-of-state parts runs.
Suggested Improvements
The turning radius is terrible. Parking and maneuvering in a tight parking lot is sometimes a little harder than it should be.