2001 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Zombie car that I love.
By hassef on 05/20/12 07:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda 626 Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Owned this car for 11 years. I purchased car used as a dealer demo with 7K on it. At first thought I had a lemon, door trim peeled off, radio broke, O2 sensor went and a sway bar linkage broke, thankfully all under warranty. Now in its 12th year the car has given up the ghost and is a rolling zombie that refuses to die! This year had to replace the CV boot and axle (my fault regular maintenance would have spotted cracked boot and saved me $), the oil pan rusted out, front struts gone, check engine light is on, exhaust almost rusted out and engine leaking oil from a gasket. Saying all this I still loved it. Has out lived all my other cars and cost the least in maintenance.

Dont buy kee max
By nokeemax on 05/16/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda 626 Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car from kee max several years ago, the engine blew before I made it home (less than 15 miles). Kee max buys cars from auction and puts them directly on their lot. After spending approx $2500 on a new engine, this car keeps going and going. It now has over 144,000 miles and still going strong.

Very Reliable Car
By missy on 02/05/09 05:31 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda 626 Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

There is nothing fancy about this car but I have had no problems at all with it. Just keep the oil changed and this baby will run forever. It is very comfortable inside with lots of leg room. The leather seats still show very little signs of wear on them. The interior has really held up over the years. I am the only owner of this car but with proper maintenance I think it will run forever! The engine does jump a little which no one seems to be able to fix. But other than that it is great!