2000 Mazda 626 Consumer Review: Best bang for the buck

2000 Mazda 626 - Consumer Review

ES V6 Sedan (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Best bang for the buck
By lions0216 on

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

This is the first new car my wife or myself have ever purchased. We got it b/c, at the time, it had all the features we wanted at only $20,500. It is an ES (top trim) V6 with a 5 spd trans. The car also has ABS, Traction Control, Sunroof, fog lights, etc... every option available. We owned it for 2 yrs and over 50K miles and have not had a problem except for a broken cassette player. I absolutely love this car, especially, when I think about spending ~$10K less for something comparible.

This car has it all. Comfortable seating, leather interior, loaded V6 with manual trans, nice styling inside and out. It even has a Bose 6 disc in- dash CD changer. No need to funble in the glove box or truck to change CDs.

More power. Though the V6 is very capable with the 5 spd manual trans and passing is not an issue at all on the highway, I'm very much a power junky and would always want more power. 220- 250HP would do me just fine.