Used 2000 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Mazda 626
By Mike Bean

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Mazda 626 back in Oct. 2001. I really wanted a 2000 Dodge Intrepid but was not pleased with the cornering of the vehicle (it leaned while turning corners). I drove the Mazda 626 and was impressed with its performance. About 70,000 miles later my tranny failed. At 89,000 it failed again. After intense investigations, I found out the trannys all overheated. Mazda did not install transmission coolers in these cars. ALL CARS HAVE THEM, EXCEPT THESE. I installed a $25 tranny cooler myself in about 15 minutes. This cooler could've saved me $4400. My Mazda has over 140k miles and runs like new. Why didn't the repair shop detect the root of the problem?

Exterior design.

Install transmission coolers on future models.

good car
By Jacquelyn Beaver

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I found that it is a great, reliable car as long as you keep up with oil changes and tune-ups. It's not fancy, but if you're looking for a comfortable car for your passengers, it's nice and roomy. It doesn't get as good of gas mileage as I hoped but it's not as bad as my Bronco was. It's a great family sedan.

The rotating AC vents, sunroof.

Better stock stereos. CD player is very finicky.

Excellent car for the money
By Tex626

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

My 2000 626 LX is coming up on 90,000 trouble free miles. All I have ever done is normal maintenance. Although some more horsepower might be nice, I like the great gas mileage, excellent handling, and excellent reliability. It is a fun car to drive. This was my first Mazda and I have already bought a 2nd Mazda. Great Car!

We love our DoubleOught
By Bryan Epley

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We have made our final payment on the zoom/zoom and we only have 59K hassel free miles.Thanx to Edmunds we researched and paid for a reliable auto. Ours has 130 ponies bridled to a left-leg flexor and feel this combo is the most fun, cost conscience way to get around.

My third 626
By Daniel

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

This is my third Mazda 626 and each has been practically maintenance-free. Each successive model has improved comfort, more features, and better drive and power. The best sedan for the money.

Reliability. In-dash CD changer. Great value.

The new Mazda 6 is a nice step up in styling.