Used 2000 Mazda 626 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Excellent car for the money
By Tex626

2000 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

My 2000 626 LX is coming up on 90,000 trouble free miles. All I have ever done is normal maintenance. Although some more horsepower might be nice, I like the great gas mileage, excellent handling, and excellent reliability. It is a fun car to drive. This was my first Mazda and I have already bought a 2nd Mazda. Great Car!

We love our DoubleOught
By Bryan Epley

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

We have made our final payment on the zoom/zoom and we only have 59K hassel free miles.Thanx to Edmunds we researched and paid for a reliable auto. Ours has 130 ponies bridled to a left-leg flexor and feel this combo is the most fun, cost conscience way to get around.

My third 626
By Daniel

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

This is my third Mazda 626 and each has been practically maintenance-free. Each successive model has improved comfort, more features, and better drive and power. The best sedan for the money.

Reliability. In-dash CD changer. Great value.

The new Mazda 6 is a nice step up in styling.

Pull the Transmission
By Glynn

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Good vehicle in most areas except very poor experence with automatic transmission. Major transmission repairs at 70,000 and again at 97,000. Automatic transmisson is Ford designed and does not provide the same quality as Mazda.

Rotating air conditioner vent, map lights,fold down back seat, CD and radio.

On this model,Mazda needs to design and use their own quality transmission.

It's all relative, right?
By PoppieProng

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I just got my 2000 ESV6 yesterday. Obviously it was used, but it was pretty low mileage. The 626 has plenty of power, but since I have the automatic, it does sometimes do some wonky things. I am sure that if I were used to, say, Lexus or Acura, I wouldn't like the car as much as I do, but...boy, do I love this car. It is such a big step up from what I am used to. I have noticed that it has a lack of power when climbing really steep hills.

Leather seats; swivel vents; Bose sound system; Cruise Control; V6 power; tight handling; 16" rims; body styling; comfortable seats; power locks, windows, and driver's seat; sunroof; power outlet in driver's armest; smooth ride!

More power going up hills; the steering wheel could go higher; the plastic is rough on the dash, which looks a little cheap.