Used 2000 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Best daily grind car
By Playfirst

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Very comfortable, engine buzzy at 75 mph, slow pick up - don't even bother to rev it past 3500 rpms, handles great, avg. 27.5 mpg mostly city driving. Awesome car for a practical lifestyle. I love it - best beater, daily grind car!

More power!

Buzzy engine, not rev happy

Just bought
By Echo1

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 626, used of course, but I think it's going to be a good investment. I love the body style and its running great except for the hiccup with first gear. Ive read some of the previous reviews and am worried about the transmission, but my dealer offers a warranty on it for 2 years. I think I will take one persons advice and install a tranny cooler as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone for their great reviews and heads up! I hope this car will take me pretty far.

The body looks sharp, and the interior is amazing.

No get up and go on hills, getting out of first gear causes a jolt, and it floats all over the lane- hold on tight!!

Not satisfied
By Lori

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We were not satisfied with this vehicle at all. We have had nothing but problems with it and the parts and maintenance are expensive for this car. It has been in the shop several times for major work before it even hit 30,000 miles. It now has 65,000 miles and still nothing but trouble. We have decided to never own a Mazda or Ford due to the problems we have had.

The only thing we did like was that the air vents rotate for circulation. That is a moot point now though.

We have not had a transmission problem yet, but have heard from several people who own the same vehicle that they have had to replace the transmission a few times.

A very good car
By x

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vehicle new and we have been very happy with it. It has never broken down. We have had very few repair issues, in fact the front brakes are still going strong after 106K miles. This has been a very good car for us. The v6 provides good pick-up and high cruising ability. It has a manual transmission and we have had no transmission or clutch problems.

Reliability and the power moon roof. I don't think I'll ever buy another car without a moon roof. Also the exterior paint is still like new. The car still drives like it is new.

It would be good if the alloy wheels didn't scratch as much. If this car had a little more torque it would be on par with a BMW 3 series.

ONE GREAT CAR!
By X

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new. It is a V6 with a manual transmission. After 6 years and 107K miles it has never stranded us. Very few problems (coolant expansion tank burst and the cable opening the hood broke). It still looks and drives like new. It has good giddy-up and is fun to drive with the power moon roof and CD player. I would recommend this car to everyone.

Moonroof, even without a shield lets in very little wind so it can be used year-round (I live in New England).

The alloy rims scratch too easy.