2000 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
We love our DoubleOught
By Bryan Epley on 02/22/05 16:47 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

We have made our final payment on the zoom/zoom and we only have 59K hassel free miles.Thanx to Edmunds we researched and paid for a reliable auto. Ours has 130 ponies bridled to a left-leg flexor and feel this combo is the most fun, cost conscience way to get around.

My third 626
By Daniel on 02/19/05 19:20 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

This is my third Mazda 626 and each has been practically maintenance-free. Each successive model has improved comfort, more features, and better drive and power. The best sedan for the money.

Pull the Transmission
By Glynn on 11/16/04 09:40 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Good vehicle in most areas except very poor experence with automatic transmission. Major transmission repairs at 70,000 and again at 97,000. Automatic transmisson is Ford designed and does not provide the same quality as Mazda.

It's all relative, right?
By PoppieProng on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I just got my 2000 ESV6 yesterday. Obviously it was used, but it was pretty low mileage. The 626 has plenty of power, but since I have the automatic, it does sometimes do some wonky things. I am sure that if I were used to, say, Lexus or Acura, I wouldn't like the car as much as I do, but...boy, do I love this car. It is such a big step up from what I am used to. I have noticed that it has a lack of power when climbing really steep hills.

good investment
By rajali2000 on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

Good car.Should buy Cruise,Auto seat ctrl,Swirl AC outlet,sunroof (tilt,slide) ,Bose System,Leather seats, mileage

a lot for a little
By value conscious on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 ES 4dr Sedan

When we got the letter that our 1997 626's lease was going to expire, I drove the Honda, Toyota , VW & the new 626. and quite frankly I couldn't tell that much difference, so price became an important factor. We have always liked the moonroof and ABS brakes, and for our new one we wanted leather seats, which added a week or so to find what we wanted, The transmission does shift hard once in awhile but the car has only had one little recall and seen the shop only for perodic services. The Mazda company has been outstanding when dealing with them

Good deal for the money
By randow2 on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car at a year old and have put about 24K miles in two years. This car has shifting problems (a 'clunk') when slowing down from a slow speed which has been previously reviewed. Wind noise is a bit aggravating at high speed. Fuel economy, power (nice power!), driving stability (up to about 80-85 mph....the car tends to 'lift'from the road at higher speeds, so... don't speed!), handling and fit and finish are comparable to my '95 Camry and to two Hondas I have had. Nice stereo. Overall good bang for the buck if you don't have luxury car bucks.

I like my 626
By Free on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I have not had any major problems other then the regular oil change and rotation of tires.

2000 Mazda 626
By Ruby21 on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I went from a sporty two-door coupe to my 626 to make room for my new baby. I have no complaints. I financed my car through Mazda American Credit and have been overly impressed with the service I have received and the performance of my car.

wouldn't buy again
By 626 driver on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 626 3 years ago and it has been a reliable car. The only mechanical problem was last summer when the air conditioner failed. The biggest problem with the car is the road noise. It comes from underneath (we live on a dirt road) and the windows and doors let in too much noise. I've also noticed that the 626 doesn't seem to hold its value and I'm a little worried about trading it off next year.