Used 2000 Mazda 626 Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Totally Disappointed
By mr_misled

2000 Mazda 626 ES 4dr Sedan

Purchased the 626 used at 60k mi. Now have around 173k and on the 3rd transmission, which is now going out after 31k miles. That's $2,200 for the transmission that lasted less than 2yrs.

Beyond that, I've went through many a hot months without AC, after spending 800 to repair it.

But hey, it has an oscillating vent that still works!!

Truly a bad piece of machinery.

2000 mazda 626
By lorgan

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

hi, i had a 1993 mazda 626 a few year ago, i have to say it was a brilliant car, i had it 2 years and i never had any trouble with it.
I recently purchased a 2000 mazda 626 , which is about 10 year old.
I didn't expect to get a perfect car second hand , i knew it needed some work, i got a set of spark plugs, rear right hand brake caliber and an altenator belt.

I feel the same about this car as i did about my first one, its like a big tank, a big bird on the road, u really get noticed in it.
lol.
Its quiet, comfortable, and reliable.
I always wanted another 626 after my first one.

interior comfort , easy access to controls, pure luxury interior and exterior, love the power sunroof, , engine is very quiet, , just a good high spec car. It doesn't look over fancy, which is why it looks classy on the road.

Not a good over 120,000 vehichle
By dusnth

2000 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

My husband & I purchased this vehicle used with about 55,000 miles on it. Was very reliable with very few problems until it reached around 120,000 when we were constantly dealing with issues. From A/C issues that had to be fixed because they were needed for other systems, to main engine trouble, this car turned into a money pit with high miles. I noticed most reviews have been written with the cars still under 100,000 miles. If you are wanting a car that will last, get rid of your 626 before it hits 120,000. We wish we did. The repair man just told us it would be another $700 to fix the issues this time. We said forget it, and revived an older car we had. A much more reliable choice.

Comfortable, plenty of leg room, roomy even for larger guys (like my husband)

Oscillating vents seemed great, until 110 degree days when driver and passenger both wanted continuous air blown at them. CD player gave out long before it should have. Air conditioning not very cold, expensive to get parts and work on

Problems
By Hey882

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I recently bought this used car in February 3rd, and I drove till the 5th and the car broke down. Having no Acceleration when i was driving and when i pulled up to the side trying to re-start the vehicle it won't start. So i brought it to the Mechanics to repair the problem, they found out that the "Fuel Pump" was broken. So I got it repair and drive it for another 3 days the same problem appear. So I think this is not a good car unless you want to have as a back up. Right now if the car is fix, I'm still worry about driving this car around. Its like wasting money to buy a car that cannot drive.

The Aircondition is good...it cools in a minutes.

The car itself. The Machanics area.

my first car
By JD

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This was my first car. My dad bought it new at the dealership and when he got a altima he gave this car to me. It is a very solid car. It has solid acceleration and good handling. I like to push this car to its limits. I have hit 120 in this car! Anyway the seats are very comfortable and supportive. The air conditioning works well and I think every single person that has been in my car has commented on the rotating air vents! The transmission is ok (I wish I had a manual). The design of this car is ok, I think its a little too round. The newer sixes look a lot nicer, but obviously this car is nine yrs old. Overall this is a good car

rotating air vents, reliability, seats, engine noise above 4k

more hp and torque!! obviously they did that in the new ones. i like the new design better too