Used 2000 Mazda 626 LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Problems
By Hey882

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I recently bought this used car in February 3rd, and I drove till the 5th and the car broke down. Having no Acceleration when i was driving and when i pulled up to the side trying to re-start the vehicle it won't start. So i brought it to the Mechanics to repair the problem, they found out that the "Fuel Pump" was broken. So I got it repair and drive it for another 3 days the same problem appear. So I think this is not a good car unless you want to have as a back up. Right now if the car is fix, I'm still worry about driving this car around. Its like wasting money to buy a car that cannot drive.

Favorite Features

The Aircondition is good...it cools in a minutes.

Suggested Improvements

The car itself. The Machanics area.

Almost 120,000 miles in 6 years!!
By CR

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven this car A LOT -- long road trips, extended periods of stop & go local driving, and commuting up a mountain and back 6 days a week for almost 2 years. It is very comfortable. The only downside is the tiny engine. I've maintained my car well and it now has 163,000+ miles. I am finally in need of a new one. The struts are shot and so are my motor mounts. I think these issues may have been caused, in part, by my driving around for a month with a broken sway-bar link (part of the suspension). I've never had a problem with my transmission, or engine. I'd get my car fixed, but with 163,000+ miles it is hard to say how much longer the transmission will last...I'll miss my car :-/

Favorite Features

The interior design is fabulous -- comfortable seats, lots of storage spaces, a huge trunk, good cup holders, and oscillating air vents! I love that the radio antenna is built into the back window. I can listen to music while in the car wash :-)

Suggested Improvements

All cars should have radio controls in the steering wheel! This car could use a better sound system. It could also use a more powerful engine. It's reliable, but not very spunky! Also, it's seats fold down, but there's only a small space in the middle that extends all the way to the truck.

2000 mazda 6 with 281k miles and still running!
By tamoshanter

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car new in 5/00 with 16 miles. since then, i now have over 281,000 miles on it and it's still running strong. A/C replaced 2 yrs ago, front axles replaced last year and transmission is going out (5 sp man), but with almost all highway miles, i'm going to drive it into the ground. otherwise, runs smooth, good pick up, comfortableand gets me there and back reliably! happy enough that we bought a 2009 mazda 6 that my wife now drives around!

Favorite Features

has been very reliable, comfortable, easy to drive around, maneuver and park. ride is smooth - fair pick up for only an old 4 banger

Suggested Improvements

the newly remodeled 2009 mazda 6 is a much better improvement - more room inside, better engine, quieter ride

2000 mazda 626
By lorgan

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

hi, i had a 1993 mazda 626 a few year ago, i have to say it was a brilliant car, i had it 2 years and i never had any trouble with it. I recently purchased a 2000 mazda 626 , which is about 10 year old. I didn't expect to get a perfect car second hand , i knew it needed some work, i got a set of spark plugs, rear right hand brake caliber and an altenator belt. I feel the same about this car as i did about my first one, its like a big tank, a big bird on the road, u really get noticed in it. lol. Its quiet, comfortable, and reliable. I always wanted another 626 after my first one.

Favorite Features

interior comfort , easy access to controls, pure luxury interior and exterior, love the power sunroof, , engine is very quiet, , just a good high spec car. It doesn't look over fancy, which is why it looks classy on the road.

my first car
By JD

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This was my first car. My dad bought it new at the dealership and when he got a altima he gave this car to me. It is a very solid car. It has solid acceleration and good handling. I like to push this car to its limits. I have hit 120 in this car! Anyway the seats are very comfortable and supportive. The air conditioning works well and I think every single person that has been in my car has commented on the rotating air vents! The transmission is ok (I wish I had a manual). The design of this car is ok, I think its a little too round. The newer sixes look a lot nicer, but obviously this car is nine yrs old. Overall this is a good car

Favorite Features

rotating air vents, reliability, seats, engine noise above 4k

Suggested Improvements

more hp and torque!! obviously they did that in the new ones. i like the new design better too