Used 2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

My third 626
By Daniel

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

This is my third Mazda 626 and each has been practically maintenance-free. Each successive model has improved comfort, more features, and better drive and power. The best sedan for the money.

Reliability. In-dash CD changer. Great value.

The new Mazda 6 is a nice step up in styling.

It's all relative, right?
By PoppieProng

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I just got my 2000 ESV6 yesterday. Obviously it was used, but it was pretty low mileage. The 626 has plenty of power, but since I have the automatic, it does sometimes do some wonky things. I am sure that if I were used to, say, Lexus or Acura, I wouldn't like the car as much as I do, but...boy, do I love this car. It is such a big step up from what I am used to. I have noticed that it has a lack of power when climbing really steep hills.

Leather seats; swivel vents; Bose sound system; Cruise Control; V6 power; tight handling; 16" rims; body styling; comfortable seats; power locks, windows, and driver's seat; sunroof; power outlet in driver's armest; smooth ride!

More power going up hills; the steering wheel could go higher; the plastic is rough on the dash, which looks a little cheap.

Good deal for the money
By randow2

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car at a year old and have put about 24K miles in two years. This car has shifting problems (a 'clunk') when slowing down from a slow speed which has been previously reviewed. Wind noise is a bit aggravating at high speed. Fuel economy, power (nice power!), driving stability (up to about 80-85 mph....the car tends to 'lift'from the road at higher speeds, so... don't speed!), handling and fit and finish are comparable to my '95 Camry and to two Hondas I have had. Nice stereo. Overall good bang for the buck if you don't have luxury car bucks.

Design, acceleration power, highway handling, stereo

Transmission, wind noise

wouldn't buy again
By 626 driver

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 626 3 years ago and it has been a reliable car. The only mechanical problem was last summer when the air conditioner failed. The biggest problem with the car is the road noise. It comes from underneath (we live on a dirt road) and the windows and doors let in too much noise. I've also noticed that the 626 doesn't seem to hold its value and I'm a little worried about trading it off next year.

I like the color--gold/sand colored exterior and tan interior. It has enough zip for me--a mom and a couple kids. I have the automatic v-6.

Please work on the road noise problems and little annoying rattles that seems to develop over time. My daughter had a Mazda MX 6 and it had lots of rattles as well.

Very Happy!!!!!!!
By MintToken

2000 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my Boss. who had it only 2-months. His wife just got a company car, and with there other car, and Van, one had to go. It is loaded with all,with 5-speed and all the bells etc.I have 35,000 on it and it has been trouble free. It still surprises me with the power it has at just 170 horses. Fine for me.

5-speed, ride, and the way it handles.

The new Mazda 6.