2000 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
My third 626
By Daniel on 02/19/05 19:20 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

This is my third Mazda 626 and each has been practically maintenance-free. Each successive model has improved comfort, more features, and better drive and power. The best sedan for the money.

It's all relative, right?
By PoppieProng on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I just got my 2000 ESV6 yesterday. Obviously it was used, but it was pretty low mileage. The 626 has plenty of power, but since I have the automatic, it does sometimes do some wonky things. I am sure that if I were used to, say, Lexus or Acura, I wouldn't like the car as much as I do, but...boy, do I love this car. It is such a big step up from what I am used to. I have noticed that it has a lack of power when climbing really steep hills.

Good deal for the money
By randow2 on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car at a year old and have put about 24K miles in two years. This car has shifting problems (a 'clunk') when slowing down from a slow speed which has been previously reviewed. Wind noise is a bit aggravating at high speed. Fuel economy, power (nice power!), driving stability (up to about 80-85 mph....the car tends to 'lift'from the road at higher speeds, so... don't speed!), handling and fit and finish are comparable to my '95 Camry and to two Hondas I have had. Nice stereo. Overall good bang for the buck if you don't have luxury car bucks.

wouldn't buy again
By 626 driver on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 626 3 years ago and it has been a reliable car. The only mechanical problem was last summer when the air conditioner failed. The biggest problem with the car is the road noise. It comes from underneath (we live on a dirt road) and the windows and doors let in too much noise. I've also noticed that the 626 doesn't seem to hold its value and I'm a little worried about trading it off next year.

Very Happy!!!!!!!
By MintToken on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my Boss. who had it only 2-months. His wife just got a company car, and with there other car, and Van, one had to go. It is loaded with all,with 5-speed and all the bells etc.I have 35,000 on it and it has been trouble free. It still surprises me with the power it has at just 170 horses. Fine for me.

Best bang for the buck
By lions0216 on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

This is the first new car my wife or myself have ever purchased. We got it b/c, at the time, it had all the features we wanted at only $20,500. It is an ES (top trim) V6 with a 5 spd trans. The car also has ABS, Traction Control, Sunroof, fog lights, etc... every option available. We owned it for 2 yrs and over 50K miles and have not had a problem except for a broken cassette player. I absolutely love this car, especially, when I think about spending ~$10K less for something comparible.

30K MPY & 25 mpg
By tefdsf on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

We've had our Chestnut 5 spd ES for 1.5 years and put on 45,000 miles. (We have a 93 & a 97 in the family as well.) I thought it would get better mileage than the auto but apparently the final gear ratio on the Automatic OD must be higher, (about 3700 rpm at 75 mph; which it will do all day w/o complaint). No lack of punch off the line however and the tires show it. Feels heavier yet less solid in the curves than my 84 Saab 900 (which got 30.5 mpg) but is so much better

Incredible Value
By Rich on 02/26/02 19:01 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Compared with the Accord and Camry, the V6 isn't as powerful and it doesn't have the name recognition, but it's thousands of dollars less. With traction control, ABS, dual front and side airbags, 6 disc in dash CD changer, V6, large back seat, alloy wheels, moonroof, etc. it came to just a hair over 20k new. No other car gives you this much luxury for the money, and since they don't hold value as well as the Honda or Toyota they become even better values used.