Used 2000 Mazda 626 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

It's been a GREAT Car!
By csousa48

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 626 (5 speed) used in 2003. It had 58K miles on it. Today, I've racked up 293,000 miles on it. Yes, 293K miles, and the only major repairs were: replaced the clutch ($400), replaced front right axle ($80 part), and did other regular maintenance, like battery, tires, oil changes etc. The rear spoiler did seperate about 10K miles ago and the headliner inside the car ripped and is sagging. But the car is 15 years old. This has been the BEST car I've ever owned. It is still my daily driver. It is still fast and fun. I don't what I'm gonna do when and if it ever fails me. It's been a super great car!

Manual 5 speed is really quick and fun to drive. Gas mileage is 32mpg. Roomy.

None.

Money Pit!
By chuckcb66

2000 Mazda 626 ES 4dr Sedan

Bought the 4 cylinder with about 30k miles on it. Once I hit 100k every major system started breaking down. Replaced the transmission, everything on the front end from the sway bar to the tie rods and ball joints. Electrical problems. I think I put more money in this car than I paid for it. I will never buy a Mazda product again. Not built to last. Drove daily 80 miles a day all highway. The worst car I ever owned.

Good on gas

They no longer make this vehicle. Very wise choice.

2000 mazda 6 with 281k miles and still running!
By tamoshanter

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car new in 5/00 with 16 miles. since then, i now have over 281,000 miles on it and it's still running strong. A/C replaced 2 yrs ago, front axles replaced last year and transmission is going out (5 sp man), but with almost all highway miles, i'm going to drive it into the ground. otherwise, runs smooth, good pick up, comfortableand gets me there and back reliably! happy enough that we bought a 2009 mazda 6 that my wife now drives around!

has been very reliable, comfortable, easy to drive around, maneuver and park. ride is smooth - fair pick up for only an old 4 banger

the newly remodeled 2009 mazda 6 is a much better improvement - more room inside, better engine, quieter ride

Totally Disappointed
By mr_misled

2000 Mazda 626 ES 4dr Sedan

Purchased the 626 used at 60k mi. Now have around 173k and on the 3rd transmission, which is now going out after 31k miles. That's $2,200 for the transmission that lasted less than 2yrs. Beyond that, I've went through many a hot months without AC, after spending 800 to repair it. But hey, it has an oscillating vent that still works!! Truly a bad piece of machinery.

2000 mazda 626
By lorgan

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

hi, i had a 1993 mazda 626 a few year ago, i have to say it was a brilliant car, i had it 2 years and i never had any trouble with it. I recently purchased a 2000 mazda 626 , which is about 10 year old. I didn't expect to get a perfect car second hand , i knew it needed some work, i got a set of spark plugs, rear right hand brake caliber and an altenator belt. I feel the same about this car as i did about my first one, its like a big tank, a big bird on the road, u really get noticed in it. lol. Its quiet, comfortable, and reliable. I always wanted another 626 after my first one.

interior comfort , easy access to controls, pure luxury interior and exterior, love the power sunroof, , engine is very quiet, , just a good high spec car. It doesn't look over fancy, which is why it looks classy on the road.