Used and Abused but still rolling along
By BudMech on
1999 Mazda 626 ES 4dr Sedan
My dad bought me this car in February of 2010 for my sophomore year in high school. We knew it had problems but we got it for only $1,180 and 129,000 miles on the odometer. After having it inspected the next day I discovered that it was a hunk of junk basically. It still needs its driver's side steering control arm replaced,a new catalytic converter, a new muffler and eventually the transmission. The car is working its way down the shifter and is unstable in Park and Reverse gears. The minor stuff is the power antenna and driver's power door locking mechanism and discs and drums. He uses it to drive to work and it hasn't killed him yet so maybe it will give out before I "officially get it."
Favorite Features
Swinging vents, real leather seat (not pleather like in our 2004 Suburban), leather steering wheel, Alpine after-market stereo system, handling (in the corners) and suspension set up.
Suggested Improvements
Rust proofing on the doors, more HP for the I-4 and V-6 engines, placement of the engine diagrams in the engine compartment instead of owner's manual, better speakers.