1999 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Great valure
By Jim Beck on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Although it has absolutely now power in the 4 cyl. It has been very reliable. Besides oil and gas I have spent no money on the car. I put lots of miles on the car and it still runs well. same features as camry or accord at much lower price. Could look more sporty.

Great Car
By Adam on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 626 a couple of years ago and have decided that it is the best car I have owned. I believe that the ES is much nicer than the LX even if they are small differences, and I think that they are worth the money. Additionaly the car is pretty quick and has been very reliable on long cross country trips. I would prefer a 626 ES over a Corrolla any day.

Gotta love the growl
By MJR on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Solid car. 2.4L V-6 GROWLS...and I love it! Lots of room inside, fun to drive 5-speed, simple but sharp styling.

Decent Car for the Price
By Paul71 on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

My wife has had no problems with her 626. This car is a good Accord/Camry alternative that we were able to buy for thousands less than either of those comparably equipped.

This car runs great
By Eric Fisher on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

For a 4 cyl. this car has attitude!!!

Check other Better Cars
By AnandCR on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I would advice not to go for it. The Transmission by Ford is useless and all these years they can't even build a simple automatic reliable transmission. Transmission sucks and produces knock on very shift on a stop and go stop and go road.

Had to buy it, but not unhappy!
By FourPanMan on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I leased this car back in 1999 - the only V6 5-speed in the entire state of Florida - and now it's time to turn it in. One problem, I have 87,000 miles on it and was only allowed 36k. However, I'm not unhappy about buying the car. It's fast, handles well, gets great mileage, and aside from basic maintenance, I've put a total of $25 into it. I've outrun more cars than I care to admit and survived one pretty serious accident.

1999 Mazda 626
By Lucas Magnum on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

The vehicle has been nothing but reliable. The four cylinder automatic is adequate, but not fast. The cabin noise is more than it should be on rouch asphalt. The interior ergonomics and passenger comfort at excellent. The emergency handling is very good.

Power, economy, reliable & fun
By Anita on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

In 2.5 yrs, 45K miles, have had not a single problem. Zippy 4cyl engine passes anything on the road with power to spare. Fold down rear seats with access to trunk space gives this car unusual versatility. Heat & AC temp adjustments very responsive.

Great Car
By CCRAY on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I am very pleased with my decision. I had a '93 MX-6 with the same engine (2.5 V-6) and it is terrific. Wasn't sure what to expect with the automatic but it provides good power. The interior layout is very good, I'm a big guy 6'3" 280 and have no problems. If it had the Honda nameplate it would've won every award, but I like Mazda because you can usually get a good deal and their build quality is good.