1999 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
makingasale
By hays1ch on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

overall not a bad vehicle but for me its to small, engine performance is really good,climbs mountains great,city driving could be better as far as milage, but highway milage is good.

Mazda Skinny
By redhawk on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This was the second new Mazda I have purchased in since 1996. I have had only good experience with the Mazda 626. It is affordable and DEPENDABLE. That is why I am in the market for another one. Stick with something good.

Not a bad little car
By undertaker on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've had pretty good luck with my 626. Car has very little pep, but continues to trot along. I can tell the transmission is going to go soon. I've not had anything go wrong with this car outside of very minor things (power antenna stays up, clock set button doesn't work, one dash light is out). No big deal. Fit and finish are pretty bad on the interior, but I'm a pretty big guy and admittedly rough on things.

mazda99
By missy01 on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

It was a well running car until it reached 70,000 miles. Lots of problems after this point. I did not abuse this car, I had the oil changed and the car checked every 3,000 miles. Had to replace transmission. Every year the coolant bottle cracks, replaced twice under warranty and every year there after. Would recommend to lease this car, not to buy it-too many problems.

TRANSMISSION,TRANSMISSION TRANSMISSION!
By Tamika on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Yah, I KNOW that I have more than 90000 mi on a 1999 626, But does that mean that I should not be upset that my car has been in the shop more than I have had it in my possesion?! Not only did I change the transmission, but the enginge. Oh! And it gets better, the car is currently at the shop(Im still paying a car note monthly!) because the check engine light has been on forever. I am paying for the sensor to be changed, and was told if that doesn't work the dealership will have to order me a new chip! Basiclly I have replaced the entire car. If I decide to sell it, its not worth even close to what I've put into this.

Not too Shabby
By RPerez01 on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

At times I wish I could buy another car only because I like to have a new car all the time (but I'm not rich) Maybe its not as stylish as others but its not a bad looking car I have spruced it up a bit with a spoiler, added wood trim around dash, radio, shifter also updated the grill with the 2000 model grill (BIGGER Mazda logo) and added some chrome molding around front and rear bumpers and it looks great. Next a nice set of rims and that should be all. Otherwise no real complaints, replaced timing belt, brakes and 2 sensors (normal stuff)

very poor transmission design
By Shaun Petross on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

when having the tranny flushed you cannot change the filter out unless you take the whole transmission out my transmission is out at only 78,000 miles and to repair will cost half the value

I got a lemon
By saint on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 626 new in 1999. At only 50 miles I had to bring it in because it needed an entirely new timing belt system. It only got worse after that. My car was in and out of the shop so often that I could have claimed under the FL lemon law if it had been in the shop one more day. I think part of the problem was the inadequate dealer service shop and bad luck. I had bought this car based on its reliability. I am trading tomorrow and I won't miss my car.

Great second-hand car!
By kingsubbu on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a used car dealership about 2 months back. Its been simply great! I bought the car with abt 50K miles on it...have already put on close to 6K miles in less than 2 months and I must say its been pure joy all the way!

still "zoomin'"
By BananaDoc on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

A wonderfully reliable workhorse. Never give it a thought, just get in and go. Comparisons to Accord/Camry/Etc. Are obvious given the price point, but I argue the 626, at least the LX V6, does it better and with tremendous amounts of style or the competition. Everytime I stroll towards the car in a crowded parking lot--I never see a prettier package without spending $20,000 more! It is a real looker! With the leather/moonroof/power-out- the-yingyang combo, you would be pressed to find as well heeled a car for double the money!