Used 1999 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

165,000 miles and still running
By Rita

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My 1999 626, manual transmission (we bought it new) has 165,000 miles on it. It is now a "college car" for my son. The engine went out a few weeks ago and we opted to put a used one in (100,000 miles on this one). $1,800.00 later and the car is running great. We could not find a used car for the price of repairing this one. The body and interior on this car still looks great. Only problems..antenna won't go down, one power window doesn't work (back seat) other than that this car has been almost repair free. I hope we can get another few years on the new engine.....

fun car to drive, overall very reliable

I love it
By darrellkirby888

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my 1999 Mazda 626! I drove it home 100 miles the first night I owned it and fell in love with it! I purchased it to replace my 1992 Accord that bit the dust. My friends love the swinging air vents. The car runs great and looks decent for Mazda styling. I never expected to be so satisfied with it!

Swing Air vents, clean and easy to use interior, and the ease to drive. Very quiet on the road.

Stronger engine, more options for LX, and cup holders in the back.

Could be better..could be worse
By kat

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I'm only 17 so when looking for a car my grandpa wanted me to get one little but Nice. So he picked it out. At first it was great but within a week it was a total pain. The back sway bar was broke, there was a little oil leak and the fuel pump went out. In total repairs where over $1000. Thats a lot for a girl in school and working a minimum wage job but I got it fixed and its a great car. Everything works good. Pretty good gas mileage and not too bad on insurance.

The nice trunk. big enough for a sound system and grocerys. really roomy. a/c and heat with the sway air thingy. cd player. its not too loud for a v6.

from what i hear the sway bar in the back goes out on everybodys. and the fuel pump does too.

Best one yet
By Rachel

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought new and have no regrets. I have the car maintained regularly and it is garage kept. It has not broken down on me yet and the repairs have really only been maintainance items. Best car I have ever owned in terms of reliability.

Swinging vents, large trunk, fuel economy, fold down seats for through trunk storage.

Full size spare tire

A good car
By NRI

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car for following reasons 1. Comfort. I love the interior comforts and the features that it has like Swing Vents 2. Driving. The acceleration was good. Pick up was not comparable to Chrysler V6 but not bad either. 3. I have driven this car over the NH mountains and never had issues. 4. Had to recharge the AC at about 97kmiles and timing belt replaced and after that the AC is fine without issues Regular oil changes , 90000 service, done. Recently had to replace the transmission hose as it had some problems.

Swing vent, Keyless Entry, Interiors, Exteriors, Driving