Used 1999 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Mazda 626 1999
By Bullfrogjw

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Transmission went out at 155k, significant exhaust problems. Car was pretty reliable always started. o2 sensor needed to be changed once a year.

More than what I bargained for
By impressed

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

We bought this demo car in 2000. I liked the leather seats and deserts colors.It has a very roomy back seat. Lots of head room. We were concerned after the purchase that the transmission seemed to snap. After several visits to the dealer we ended up having the motor mounts replined, which was under warranty. The radio quit working under warranty. The anntena has failed not under warranty and we have replaced a visor. Other than that the car just keeps going now at 138,000 miles. We replaced the brakes, tune ups, the timing belt at the right mileage, recently a new battery. The car feels solid and strong. Can't believe it didn't fall apart after warranty. I'll drive it until it dies.

Leather, roominess, swing fan. A comfortable and dependable car. Gas mileage

Lacks power for the size

165,000 miles and still running
By Rita

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My 1999 626, manual transmission (we bought it new) has 165,000 miles on it. It is now a "college car" for my son. The engine went out a few weeks ago and we opted to put a used one in (100,000 miles on this one). $1,800.00 later and the car is running great. We could not find a used car for the price of repairing this one. The body and interior on this car still looks great. Only problems..antenna won't go down, one power window doesn't work (back seat) other than that this car has been almost repair free. I hope we can get another few years on the new engine.....

fun car to drive, overall very reliable

I love it
By darrellkirby888

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my 1999 Mazda 626! I drove it home 100 miles the first night I owned it and fell in love with it! I purchased it to replace my 1992 Accord that bit the dust. My friends love the swinging air vents. The car runs great and looks decent for Mazda styling. I never expected to be so satisfied with it!

Swing Air vents, clean and easy to use interior, and the ease to drive. Very quiet on the road.

Stronger engine, more options for LX, and cup holders in the back.

Could be better..could be worse
By kat

1999 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I'm only 17 so when looking for a car my grandpa wanted me to get one little but Nice. So he picked it out. At first it was great but within a week it was a total pain. The back sway bar was broke, there was a little oil leak and the fuel pump went out. In total repairs where over $1000. Thats a lot for a girl in school and working a minimum wage job but I got it fixed and its a great car. Everything works good. Pretty good gas mileage and not too bad on insurance.

The nice trunk. big enough for a sound system and grocerys. really roomy. a/c and heat with the sway air thingy. cd player. its not too loud for a v6.

from what i hear the sway bar in the back goes out on everybodys. and the fuel pump does too.