Used 1999 Mazda 626 LX V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

1999 Mazda 626 LX w/ 200,000 miles
By mlapompe

1999 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Nov 1999 with a $2,250 rebate at $16k. As of July of 2009, it has 200,000 miles. Around 68k (after warranty exp) miles, I replaced the rack & pinion. I have changed the timing belt & water pump twice as part of scheduled maintenance. No transmission problems (problems w/ 4cyl)! The car still drives good. I just purchased a 2000 Lexus GS w/ 124k miles on it and I'm looking forward to getting 400,000 miles out of that. The Mazda will be used as a spare car until it can't run anymore. The parts are a bit expensive though.

The ride is pretty good for this car with the amount of mileage that it has. I think this year(1999) was the last of the real Japanese build.

Engine pick-up! Improve the engine sensor, so the check engine light doesn't go on and off. I fixed it twice and it's still on!

Mazda 626 1999
By Bullfrogjw

1999 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

Transmission went out at 155k, significant exhaust problems. Car was pretty reliable always started. o2 sensor needed to be changed once a year.

Could be better..could be worse
By kat

1999 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I'm only 17 so when looking for a car my grandpa wanted me to get one little but Nice. So he picked it out. At first it was great but within a week it was a total pain. The back sway bar was broke, there was a little oil leak and the fuel pump went out. In total repairs where over $1000. Thats a lot for a girl in school and working a minimum wage job but I got it fixed and its a great car. Everything works good. Pretty good gas mileage and not too bad on insurance.

The nice trunk. big enough for a sound system and grocerys. really roomy. a/c and heat with the sway air thingy. cd player. its not too loud for a v6.

from what i hear the sway bar in the back goes out on everybodys. and the fuel pump does too.

Best one yet
By Rachel

1999 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

Bought new and have no regrets. I have the car maintained regularly and it is garage kept. It has not broken down on me yet and the repairs have really only been maintainance items. Best car I have ever owned in terms of reliability.

Swinging vents, large trunk, fuel economy, fold down seats for through trunk storage.

Full size spare tire

Never Again
By Very Confused

1999 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in 06 from a private owner. The car was in great condition and had 62k miles on it. 6 months after buying the car my the cd player decided it no longer wanted to play cds, the antenna will not go down and it makes this horrible noise whenever I put the radio on, now the AC doesnt work anymore I was told that the entire dash board needs to come out for the problem to be fixed $$$$$, also the power door locks doesnt work any more that too is making an awful loud noise that I cant stand This car is more of a headache than anything else. I wish i would have done more research on these types of cars and i only have 83,246 miles imagine what will happen at 40,000 save your money

Very roomy. Looks nice.