Used 1999 Mazda 626 LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Great Car
By salty1211

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Mazda back in May , It has 207,000 Plus miles all I have done to it is Oil Change and Lub . I like all the extra features which are to many to disribe . After owning a Ford -150 4 X 4 I enjoy the Gas Milage I get on The Mazda .

Favorite Features

Power Windows , Power Door Locks , Headlights shutoff automatically, and many more

Suggested Improvements

None Needed

This is a quality vehicle
By traben

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

i got this Mazda used! Granted it doesnt have any power but other then that i love this car!!! it now has nearly 200,000 miles on it and it runs great!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

the stereo is good quality, the interior is excelent quality,

Suggested Improvements

needed just a hair more power!

Wish I had gotten more out of her.
By yakobemil

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I was really excited when I got my 626. The oscillating AC was the coolest thing. I got it a year ago with 130,000 miles on it, seeing as I was a high school student, I didn't need anything fancy. Sadly, things started going wrong as soon as I got it. The o2 Sensor had to be replaced twice. The transmission started having major problems after two weeks, and the fuel pump went out. I ended up spending more on repairs than I did on the actual car. I did love it, though. One morning on my way to school the transmission went out going up a hill. 138,000 Miles. That was the last time I drove it. I sold it for 500 for parts. The transmission is known to go out on these models, though.

Favorite Features

The seats, AC, the whole care inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Get one that has a manual transmission, they seem to have better reliability. When the car was idle, it shook like crazy.

My Awesome 626. Love her to death.
By Javes

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Alright, so I bought this great piece of engineering my sophomore year of high school. I am now a sophomore in college. I love this vehicle! Small but, "quick" 2 liter engine coupled with the five speed manual is great to drive. Don't buy an auto, LOL. No fun, at all (and unreliable), great interior, clean, with a decent sound system. (I remember, it was decent. Lost the cd player at about. 145,000 miles.) power antenna is great! People just don't take care of them (grease) and say that it's mazdas fault. (sorry, its yours.) clutch is still going, at 165,000 miles! As the reliability reports says, the intake gasket does go, I replaced mine at 135,000. No major problems since.

Favorite Features

Manual Tranny, Simple Teardown, 34 MPG!

Suggested Improvements

None, just be better than perfect. Good Luck

165,000 miles and still running
By Rita

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

My 1999 626, manual transmission (we bought it new) has 165,000 miles on it. It is now a "college car" for my son. The engine went out a few weeks ago and we opted to put a used one in (100,000 miles on this one). $1,800.00 later and the car is running great. We could not find a used car for the price of repairing this one. The body and interior on this car still looks great. Only problems..antenna won't go down, one power window doesn't work (back seat) other than that this car has been almost repair free. I hope we can get another few years on the new engine.....

Favorite Features

fun car to drive, overall very reliable