1999 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Great Car
By salty1211 on 12/02/11 18:01 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Mazda back in May , It has 207,000 Plus miles all I have done to it is Oil Change and Lub . I like all the extra features which are to many to disribe . After owning a Ford -150 4 X 4 I enjoy the Gas Milage I get on The Mazda .

Wish I had gotten more out of her.
By yakobemil on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I was really excited when I got my 626. The oscillating AC was the coolest thing. I got it a year ago with 130,000 miles on it, seeing as I was a high school student, I didn't need anything fancy. Sadly, things started going wrong as soon as I got it. The o2 Sensor had to be replaced twice. The transmission started having major problems after two weeks, and the fuel pump went out. I ended up spending more on repairs than I did on the actual car. I did love it, though. One morning on my way to school the transmission went out going up a hill. 138,000 Miles. That was the last time I drove it. I sold it for 500 for parts. The transmission is known to go out on these models, though.

This is a quality vehicle
By traben on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

i got this Mazda used! Granted it doesnt have any power but other then that i love this car!!! it now has nearly 200,000 miles on it and it runs great!!!!!!!

My Awesome 626. Love her to death.
By Javes on 05/11/10 15:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Alright, so I bought this great piece of engineering my sophomore year of high school. I am now a sophomore in college. I love this vehicle! Small but, "quick" 2 liter engine coupled with the five speed manual is great to drive. Don't buy an auto, LOL. No fun, at all (and unreliable), great interior, clean, with a decent sound system. (I remember, it was decent. Lost the cd player at about. 145,000 miles.) power antenna is great! People just don't take care of them (grease) and say that it's mazdas fault. (sorry, its yours.) clutch is still going, at 165,000 miles! As the reliability reports says, the intake gasket does go, I replaced mine at 135,000. No major problems since.

165,000 miles and still running
By Rita on 04/29/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

My 1999 626, manual transmission (we bought it new) has 165,000 miles on it. It is now a "college car" for my son. The engine went out a few weeks ago and we opted to put a used one in (100,000 miles on this one). $1,800.00 later and the car is running great. We could not find a used car for the price of repairing this one. The body and interior on this car still looks great. Only problems..antenna won't go down, one power window doesn't work (back seat) other than that this car has been almost repair free. I hope we can get another few years on the new engine.....

I love it
By darrellkirby888 on 04/03/09 18:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I love my 1999 Mazda 626! I drove it home 100 miles the first night I owned it and fell in love with it! I purchased it to replace my 1992 Accord that bit the dust. My friends love the swinging air vents. The car runs great and looks decent for Mazda styling. I never expected to be so satisfied with it!

A good car
By NRI on 12/10/08 12:13 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car for following reasons 1. Comfort. I love the interior comforts and the features that it has like Swing Vents 2. Driving. The acceleration was good. Pick up was not comparable to Chrysler V6 but not bad either. 3. I have driven this car over the NH mountains and never had issues. 4. Had to recharge the AC at about 97kmiles and timing belt replaced and after that the AC is fine without issues Regular oil changes , 90000 service, done. Recently had to replace the transmission hose as it had some problems.

Great car for me
By jazzy on 08/23/08 22:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2004. It had over 100 thousand miles on it. I have not had any Major car problems until this year 2008 at 166,147 miles. I have put in a transmission and a timing belt in it. It rides very well. No other maintenance problems, regular maintenance upkeep. Very good value for the money for me.

Not bad for the money
By tharry8 on 06/08/08 06:32 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used in 2006 for $4900 and had 60,000 miles on it. Now have 104,000 miles. No real problems, just normal maintenance. 4cyl has very little power, and gas mileage isn't that good (22 mpg) considering the lack of performance. I can see the Ford influences, what a shame. Thought I was getting a Japanese car. Should have done my homework. Bought for daughter to train on, kind of a bumper car if you know what I mean.

Was good but now...
By Jessica on 01/09/08 09:28 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 45K on it and never had any problems up until 3 months ago.(100K) It has been a snowball ever since the Altanator belt went. Now the Alt. is bad the O2 sensor (don't know which one) The is oil leaking into exhaust valve, piston ring, fuel injector, there is a vacuum leak. The antenna has been broke since a month after i bought it. Sway bar was broke never knew till we changed the brakes. The altinator is very hard to get at. I loved the car and now it is snowballing on down. I kept up on it and took care of it. But I am to poor to fix it all at once now.