Used 1999 Mazda 626 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Great Car
By salty1211

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Mazda back in May , It has 207,000 Plus miles all I have done to it is Oil Change and Lub . I like all the extra features which are to many to disribe . After owning a Ford -150 4 X 4 I enjoy the Gas Milage I get on The Mazda .

Power Windows , Power Door Locks , Headlights shutoff automatically, and many more

None Needed

This is a quality vehicle
By traben

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

i got this Mazda used! Granted it doesnt have any power but other then that i love this car!!! it now has nearly 200,000 miles on it and it runs great!!!!!!!

the stereo is good quality, the interior is excelent quality,

needed just a hair more power!

Wish I had gotten more out of her.
By yakobemil

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I was really excited when I got my 626. The oscillating AC was the coolest thing. I got it a year ago with 130,000 miles on it, seeing as I was a high school student, I didn't need anything fancy. Sadly, things started going wrong as soon as I got it. The o2 Sensor had to be replaced twice. The transmission started having major problems after two weeks, and the fuel pump went out. I ended up spending more on repairs than I did on the actual car. I did love it, though. One morning on my way to school the transmission went out going up a hill. 138,000 Miles. That was the last time I drove it. I sold it for 500 for parts. The transmission is known to go out on these models, though.

The seats, AC, the whole care inside and out.

Get one that has a manual transmission, they seem to have better reliability. When the car was idle, it shook like crazy.

Used and Abused but still rolling along
By BudMech

1999 Mazda 626 ES 4dr Sedan

My dad bought me this car in February of 2010 for my sophomore year in high school. We knew it had problems but we got it for only $1,180 and 129,000 miles on the odometer. After having it inspected the next day I discovered that it was a hunk of junk basically. It still needs its driver's side steering control arm replaced,a new catalytic converter, a new muffler and eventually the transmission. The car is working its way down the shifter and is unstable in Park and Reverse gears. The minor stuff is the power antenna and driver's power door locking mechanism and discs and drums. He uses it to drive to work and it hasn't killed him yet so maybe it will give out before I "officially get it."

Swinging vents, real leather seat (not pleather like in our 2004 Suburban), leather steering wheel, Alpine after-market stereo system, handling (in the corners) and suspension set up.

Rust proofing on the doors, more HP for the I-4 and V-6 engines, placement of the engine diagrams in the engine compartment instead of owner's manual, better speakers.

My Awesome 626. Love her to death.
By Javes

1999 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Alright, so I bought this great piece of engineering my sophomore year of high school. I am now a sophomore in college. I love this vehicle! Small but, "quick" 2 liter engine coupled with the five speed manual is great to drive. Don't buy an auto, LOL. No fun, at all (and unreliable), great interior, clean, with a decent sound system. (I remember, it was decent. Lost the cd player at about. 145,000 miles.) power antenna is great! People just don't take care of them (grease) and say that it's mazdas fault. (sorry, its yours.) clutch is still going, at 165,000 miles! As the reliability reports says, the intake gasket does go, I replaced mine at 135,000. No major problems since.

Manual Tranny, Simple Teardown, 34 MPG!

None, just be better than perfect. Good Luck