1997 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Great car for teens
By The grip on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I bought mine for my son when he turned 16 in May of 86 for $7500. It's all black,tinted the windows dark , put in a better stereo, new wheels. Man, I think I have more fun driving it than him!

aaa
By Betelgeuse on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Sucky relaiablity was the worst of this car's problems. Radiator started to leak about 1 year after I bought it, and soon after the water mump failed. About six months after that the transmission fluid was leaking and an incorrectly (I presume) factory installed hose clamp wear away at one of the AC coolant pipes causing all the refrigerant to fizzle out. Below average performance and rather uninspired interior styling.

Last Mazda Purchase
By Cheyhart on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Transmission went out at 38,000... right after the warranty expired. After a battle with the dealer, Mazda agreed to pay for parts ($2,000+) and I got stuck with $900 labor. Now at 45,000 miles engine light comes on periodically and I am starting to see oil-like stains on my garage floor. I am getting nervous. I own only $800 on the vehicle and fear more major repairs are looming. Used to buy American until Dodge and Ford fiascos... wanted to give Mazda a try, but will buy only Hondas and Toyotas from now on.

Great Car!
By mazdadriver on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I have never had any major problems with it. It has been totally reliable. Starts right up, has lots of power with the V6, tight turns, etc. I bought the fully loaded car (except CD) and it has been wonderful.