Mazda half is the good half
By Annette on
1996 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan
Second 626 I've owned. Bought it at 80k, it's at 104k now, and still no major problems. I've traveled across country with this thing and no problems. 2 owners all these years and it's still in immaculate condition. The only things that went wrong with the car were Mitsubishi and Ford components. Top quality that no American company can compare with. FORD was their only mistake. Someone said it before - the transmission needs NO maintenance at all. Do not change fluid or you will cause problems. Tune-ups, filter changes, idle screw adjustment, and chassis bolt tightening is all that needs to be done. Upgrading to a Millenia!
Favorite Features
Alloy rims. Beautiful interior - very high quality upholstery that still looks brand new. Fantastic sound system. Keyless entry/trunk and factory alarm. Deep horn on par with a Lincoln. Not cheap and cheesy like Honda or Toyota. Takes turns like a sports car. Lasting paint. Interior.
Suggested Improvements
Mazda needs to Trash Ford for life. Get crummy components out of top quality vehicles. And Ford needs to own up to it. It's not Mazda's fault (I doubt they even knew or they wouldn't have done it). I saw that Ford Sticker on mine and my heart dropped.