1996 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
The best I ever had
By JMP on 04/23/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle from a man in New Jersey who owned since it was new and he never had major problems! I had it for six years and never had major problems! I owned dozens of vehicles and this had been the absolute best car I ever had! This car now has 145000 miles and still drives like its brand new! Oh yeah, standard versions are a lot better than automatics! I love this car and I won't sell it for anything!

Basic Workhourse
By ke on 07/29/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Wish my wife would scrap it. It does the job though as far as mechanically. A good performance car from A to B, But no fun and boring look.

lemon
By carless in seatle on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Replaced two engines (one rebuilt) and one transmission, 2 air sensors and the entire exhaust way too soon. Turned the car in with it's third catastrophic power train failure with only 90,000 miles. Very disappointed.

1996 Mazda 626 DX 4cyl auto
By Ray001 on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I use this car to commute to work and the miles on it are highway miles only. I've liked the car for commuting but I'm on my third transmission. Someone reading this might think I'm hard on transmissions but I've owned lots of vehicles(currently own 4)and I've never had a problem with transmissions going out on me. The car has been an average car for me and if the transmissions had not gone out, I'd be really happy with the car. The mechanics that worked on my car told me transmissions always go out on the Mazda 626.

WARNING !
By Unhappy Owner on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had problems with this automobile since the day I drove it off the dealers lot! I purchased a 1996 Mazda 626 DX in May 2000, with 24,000 miles. Two weeks later I was at the dealership with a tire worn down to the steel belts. I have purchased a set of tires every year since owning the automobile. I have also had major problems with the TRANSMISSION!!! I am totally dissatisfied with engineering of this automobile and warn anyone who plans to purchase a Mazda 626 to talk former owners. Our stories are the same!