No more Ford Knockoffs
By PickyFanatic on
1994 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan
I purchased this car to replace my beater Integra. I knew that this was a Ford, but I felt good about the Mazda 4 cylinder. The auto transmission had been replaced before I bought it @130K, since then I'm on MY 3rd transmission; NEW, not rebuilt units. I spent over $3K on the 2nd transmission. I only paid $2300 for the car! Also the motor is burning oil, the a/c doesn't work,yellowed headlights. I had numerous electrical problems. It is currently sitting in my driveway for the last 5 months. It will not stay running, so I'm trying to sell it. I'll end up giving it away and I'll NEVER get my money back that I've put into it. It was a waste of money and a waste of my time. I now drive an Accord daily.
Favorite Features
Of course the moving a/c vents (when it worked). I added Eibach springs, so it handled like a sports car. It's pretty roomy and the interior fabric holds up well.
Suggested Improvements
Ford, make Fords. Mazda, make Mazdas. When companies use other products, it brings down their reputation; because of this I will not buy any more Mazdas. I like the way they look, but that's about it.